Brake pad warning illuminated

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Brake pad warning illuminated

Post by CarbonChaos »

Hi guys and girls

Just a quick tech question,a friends 2002 1.2 12v polo has the brake pad warning light illuminated all the time the car is running, on the instrument cluster bang in the centre of the warning light square
An orange broken circle thingy, discs and pads are recent and good , connection by the front wheel area is clean and tight.we have bridged the two wires at the plug to eliminate pads without change.

Where does the wiring go from the pad warning wires ? ABS control unit ? I’m guessing a poor connection or broken wire at some point ?

Has anyone experienced similar issues

Many thanks
Polo called barry
New
Drives: 2002 polo mk6 blue

Re: Brake pad warning illuminated

Post by Polo called barry »

I’m having the same issue. I recently bought a 2002 1.2 polo and the brake wear sensor light came on. I took it to my local garage as I assumed that it needed new pads. But the pads where fine. I took it in under warranty with the garage I bought the car from and they have had it in and tested all the wiring from the sensor to the warning light. They couldn’t find a fault. They then had it again and took the entire dashboard out and used a different dashboard to see if the problem was with my existing dashboard. Again, no fault found. The light has now somehow gone off but the issue is not fixed. Any way I could test the wire myself ? Where is the brake sensor and how could I have a look at the wiring? Where is it outed?

Any help would be great.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Post by Maarten »

Left side front wheelarch, cable to the back of the brakecaliper.
chevmat08
New
Drives: 2004 9n 1.9tdi

Post by chevmat08 »

The plugs corroded /wires break. Open circuit = light on dash. Close the circuit with a. Bypass
littlepolo
Gold Member

Post by littlepolo »

I had this problem on a 1.4 a few years back. I purchased a replacement wire harness of eBay and fitted that.