9n 1.2 engine swap

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Reamis
New
Drives: 9n 2003

9n 1.2 engine swap

Post by Reamis »

Hey guys! First of all, greetings from Lithuania!

So i’m a proud owner of a 2003 VW Polo 9n 1.2 petrol car but as of last couple of days ago the engine has completely seized. There is no point in fixing that engine so i had an idea. My coworker has a wrecked polo 9n3 (2006) with a 1.4 16v 75ps engine that is in perfect shape (only 98k km on it). I got the car for a 100€ but the roof and the back is completely wrecked. The whole front is in excellent condition as is the engine. You already know where i’m going with this haha. I want to swap the dead 1.2 with the 1.4 from the donor car and do the 9n3 front end conversion. The main thing i’m worried is the wiring loom. Do i have to change the whole interior loom or just engine loom? Are the interior looms even compatible?

I have seen other threads and the only reply is “buy an another car” but as i got a fully working donor car, the body of my car is in perfect shape (not even a speck of rust anywhere haha) and the car has very deep sentimental value to me so buying an another car is out of the question

So guys, let me know, how should i go about with the swap? Thanks!