Which shark fin aerial will fit my car?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Naratesi
New
Drives: Polo 9N 2003

Which shark fin aerial will fit my car?

Post by Naratesi »

Hi, someone please point me in the right direction. I want to fit a nice short sharkfin antenna to my car but don't know which adapter is correct nor if I need an amplifier. I don't want to take my trim apart if it's not neccessary. Can someone please help? It's a european 2003 Polo, 1.2. An indian website has an excellent tutorial on how to switch from the factory model to an upgraded VW model but that aerial uses a Fakra connector and I'm not sure that my car has one. I get excellent reception right now and don't want to spend money and time for something that will give me subpar results. Does the original aerial have a 12v cable there already? If needed, what's the closest 12v line I can tap into?

This is the indian forum where I saw the tutorial. It uses an antenna that is much more expensive than the ones on ebay or autodoc. I don't really care about the money I just want something that will fit (with a good seal so water doesn't ruin the headliner) and give me a good reception without having to run new 12v lines in case there isn't one there now.

This one has an ampifier: Here
This one doesn't: Here

Both also use a different connector. So please help me pick the part that will fit.
JethTran
New
Drives: TSI 95 SEL 5dr

Re: Which shark fin aerial will fit my car?

Post by JethTran »

Hi....It would be extraordinary if Honda would use in-glass recieving wires. Done effectively, they fill in too or better than outer recieving wires.

FM gathering is imperative to me as we have an extraordinary traditional station here and they have awesome inclusion of the whole SoCal territory. No requirement for USB, iTunes, SiriusXM, or whatever else when there are savvy individuals turning the plates and keeping things intriguing!

pcb online