Help with identifying part

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
jonnow
New
Drives: 2003 Polo IV 1.2 Petrol

Help with identifying part

Post by jonnow »

Hi, I am new to this forum, having just bought a 2003 1.2 Petrol Polo. I have taken off the air filter to service the car, and noticed that it was snagging on a pipe - which almost certainly isn't original - and it needs replacing with the proper part as its crimped on the left side. I have attached a picture - its the pipe that currently arcs round the back of the engine from one side to the other - and goes into the side of the carb. In all the online pictures I can find, it shows a straight pipe which sits further back in the bay, so doesn't snag the air filter pegs. Any idea what this pipe is called so I can find a proper part? Thank you in advance.... Jonathan
Attachments
tempImageOSrzAc.gif
tempImageOSrzAc.gif (7.9 MiB) Viewed 1222 times
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Re: Help with identifying part

Post by Bepis »

Looks like a vacuum hose of sorts, I'm guessing it's a BMD or AWY engine?

From what I can find it looks like it's for the PCV valve and is made up of several hoses. Differing between the two engines.

Hose screenshot.PNG
Hose screenshot.PNG (258.33 KiB) Viewed 1184 times

I'd give your local dealership parts department a ring to confirm as they can pull all the relevant parts up using your reg or VIN. They should also be able to give an up-to-date part number and price as well.

Hope that helps :)
Naratesi
New
Drives: Polo 9N 2003

Post by Naratesi »

Please tell me which website youre using for parts search. Thanks.
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Post by Bepis »

Naratesi wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:41 pm Please tell me which website youre using for parts search. Thanks.
https://ifinterface.com/page/page3.php?langid=2

Make sure to click on CarProg2 and close any messages that pop up :)
Naratesi
New
Drives: Polo 9N 2003

Post by Naratesi »

What an amazing website, may it run forever. Thanks.
jonnow
New
Drives: 2003 Polo IV 1.2 Petrol

Post by jonnow »

Bepis wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:45 pm Looks like a vacuum hose of sorts, I'm guessing it's a BMD or AWY engine?

From what I can find it looks like it's for the PCV valve and is made up of several hoses. Differing between the two engines.

Hose screenshot.PNG

I'd give your local dealership parts department a ring to confirm as they can pull all the relevant parts up using your reg or VIN. They should also be able to give an up-to-date part number and price as well.

Hope that helps :)

Oh my god, you are a genius - I have been searching for a parts list to find that part for ages.... yes it is a 3-part hose.With the part number, I found one on Ebay --- thank you soooo much! Love this forum! Jonathan