air bag light on

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
scotspie501
Getting There!
Drives: 2002

air bag light on

Post by scotspie501 »

Hi all

my son has a vw polo 2002 9n and he has called to say air bag light is on ,i,ll check when he comes home anyone know is there a common fault with them and why it would just come on

any pointers would be great
scotspie501
Getting There!

Re: air bag light on

Post by scotspie501 »

Hi all

he came home and told me he clipped a kerb going across a bridge .Would this maybe just need reset
littlepolo
Gold Member

Post by littlepolo »

You could try disconnecting the battery overnight.
scotspie501
Getting There!

Post by scotspie501 »

Hi

I did think of that but done have radio code someone has ripped it out of the manual and cant find it
scotspie501
Getting There!

Post by scotspie501 »

Hi all

back again ,this ABS light on the car i,ve checked the seat ABS switches all ok where would the be the next place to start

keen to get this light out
JUUL
Getting There!
Drives: 6N 1995

Post by JUUL »

If there has been an interruption in the airbag system, even for one millisecond, it will always throw a fault code. The only way to get rid of the airbag light is to clear the airbag fault from the ecu. You can only do this with an obd scantool, but only if the 'clear fault' option is available on the scantool. Some scantools can only read fault codes, not clear them. Please do bear in mind, as long as the airbag light is on, the entire airbag system is inactive. So in case of an accident, not a single airbag in the car will deploy.
scotspie501
Getting There!

Post by scotspie501 »

has anyone any idea where to start checking for the airbag light staying on

if I disconnect the battery I dont have the code for the radio

how do I over come this also .when I,m tring to read the airbag controller it does,nt allow me
polo02
New
Drives: Volkswagen Polo

Post by polo02 »

Hello, try to disconnect the battery, or maybe some cable has just disconnected and that's why it is on, I had a similar problem, I turned it off and pollinated it again and the light did not shine, but I do not know if it helped me, but then it caught fire again and I had to go to the workshop, they said that one cable disconnected from the control and connected and works