ABS Pump Running Contiously

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
John Mac
New
Drives: Polo 1.2

ABS Pump Running Contiously

Post by John Mac »

Hi all

My 2003 MK6 Polo 1.2 has an ABS fault, the pump is running continiously. Only way to stop this is disconecting the multi plug or battery.

I've searched through the fuses but none are listed as the ABS system, any ideas ?

In the driver footwell is a large box with several muti plugs connected, when plugging and unpluggung the ABS pump i can hear a clicking like a relay within this large box. I've removed the each plug whilst starting the pump but neither stop the pump from running.

I also have a 2005 polo but the ABS pump on that one is a different style, both cars are 1.2. Any help on solving this issue would be much appriciated.

TIA
John
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: ABS Pump Running Contiously

Post by RUM4MO »

Thinking about this logically, it must be the ABS controller that is faulty as it will have total control if/when the pump runs.

Companies like BBA Reman might be offering a repair service for your ABS controller, check up on that maybe as they should be able to test, and if possible, repair your one so that it retains its coding for your car, though finding out a price might work better if you can find a working one on ebay etc.