AWY 1.2 3cyl Limp mode(losing battle)

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
reklamos
New
Drives: 9n 1.2

AWY 1.2 3cyl Limp mode(losing battle)

Post by reklamos »

Hi All,
New to this forum. I had 9n Polo since new that was mostly trouble free with 100k on the clock and is looked after.
Over 3 months ago is started giving me troubles as it starter losing power and going into limp mode at 3k RPM
Quick connect to VCDS initially showed lambda that was replaced but no improvement.
Reading this forum found that it could be bad compression or timing chain. Compression checked and all cylinder showing ok. Timing chain was also replaced but still same problem.
Couple weeks ago the engine light came on and VCDS showed speed sensor error. Cleared error but if I revved engine while stationary the error would comeback and it would not rev over 4k RPM. So had to replace the crankshaft sensor. The sensor was seized and broke off while trying to take it out. This meant the gearbox has to come out to to get it replaced. Anyway the sensor was replaced. There are now no errors in VCDS. The car revs fine while stationary upto red line but still goes into limp mode while driving at 3k.
Any suggestions? I have nothing to grab on, the engine runs smoothly while idling or being revved but cannot find why it goes into limp mode while driving. Are there any tests that I could perform?
Thank you