Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
Krupa
Gold Member

My 1991 G40 (pics)

Post by Krupa »

Spec:

OWNED SINCE March 2000

ENGINE
1272cc, multipoint injected, supercharged; Pitstop Developments Full Blend Supercharger; SNS Stage 5 chip; G60 Injectors; 68mm alloy pulley; GT inlet manifold; Boost return pipes removed; oil catch tank; Longlife stainless steel exhaust with decat pipe;

CHASSIS

Spax Adjustable rate dampers; -40mm Spax Springs; Polyurethane Track Control Arm bushes and anti-roll bar mounts (front); Bonrath polyurethane shocker bushes (rear); Steel Front Brace Bar; Polyurethane bump stops;

BRAKES
Standard G40 calipers and carriers (painted silver); Raicam pads; Brembo discs; DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid; Pitstop Developments Steel Braided Brake Hoses;

WHEELS AND TYRES
15x6.5 Adikt Speed wheels; 195/45 Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3 Tyres;

EXTERIOR
Clear indicators; Late spec rear light clusters; OE Fog Lights with Xenon bulbs; de-locked door handles; Wing Aerial Hole smoothed;

INTERIOR
Corrado VR6 Leather Steering Wheel; Aluminium Gear Knob; Leather Gear Gaiter; Scirocco GT2 "Modekaro" trim;

SECURITY
Toad Ai606 CAT1 Alarm and Immobiliser;
2Fchris
New

Post by 2Fchris »

Hi Alex,

Looks utterly fantastic. Nice photoshoot style location as well.

In your spec it says VR6 leather steering wheel but the pics show a wheel that looks like a standard GT/G40 wheel :?

Are you going to make any more changes or are you concentrating on power?

I put my new wheels on this weekend. They're a 5 spoke design that doesn't reach the rim, a bit like yours but 14". It looks quite similar to yours :wink: :roll:
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

Cheers, would be reet interested in seeing pics of yours on the new wheels! We'll have to park 'em up together at the Polo Show, yours, mine and James's Pearl Grey Polos, that'd look cool.

I'm done in terms of exterior styling, it's how I wanted it to look when I bought it and it drives how I've always wanted it to. I'm going for better handling (brakes and wishbone setup probably), gauges and an oil cooler before I chase more power. Future mods are pretty much all going to be performance related though.

Mind you, I do fancy a full leather interior, never used to want it but I quite like the idea now. Either that or get the current seats trimmed in half leather with the Modekaro centres. Who knows!

The Corrado wheel began disintegrating earlier this year, the leather wore through on the top and it went all sticky so wasn't very nice to use. It's currently in my wardrobe at my parents' house awaiting a retrim so the stock steering wheel is on now. Forgot to update the spec though. :oops:

Can't decide whether to get it retrimmed as it was or get it retrimmed with red stitching to match the red detailing on the outside. Hmm.

Plus of course I'm on the eternal search for different wheels, though I can see these staying on the car until they begin to literally fall apart from age! :lol: I just can't find any that nobody else has, and that suit the car well.
2Fchris
New

Post by 2Fchris »

I want to get the Krupa/2Fchris/concept-e cars next to each other for a photoshoot as that would be an awesome way for people to tell what size wheels they prefer on the mk3 Polo.

We've all basically got the same exterior mods on the same colour GT and our wheels are incredibly similar designs (all 5 spoke) but 15, 14 and 13 inch respectively. 8) sweet!
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

looking good matey! good job! want mine to looks as clean as yours! its my bench mark! :lol:
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

Hadn't thought of that Chris, though I thought Steve had sold his now?

I'd best leave my GT badges on then!

His car makes mine look like a 4x4!

calvino
New

Post by calvino »

yeah man thats how they should look, spot on!!!