Q on headlights and alloys

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
IansMusical
New

Q on headlights and alloys

Post by IansMusical »

Hi All,

Am new to the group but have always owned VW, namely a diesel Golf but have just purchased a 52 plate Polo 1.4 TDI :-)

I have two questions that I hope one of you could answer for me:

1) Have just purchased 2 silverstar H7s but unlike the Golf I can't get it to change the old bulbs! Is there a way to get in to change the bulbs without having to remove the battery/fuel filter etc?

2) It currently has stock 165/70 R14 wheels but I'd like to put alloys on like the Golf had :-) What offset, tyre size, rim and J combination do I need if I'm considering either 14 or 15 inch rims?

Many thanks for any help you all can offer.

Cheers,

Ian
dino
Sponsor

Re: Q on headlights and alloys

Post by dino »

IansMusical wrote:Hi All,

Am new to the group but have always owned VW, namely a diesel Golf but have just purchased a 52 plate Polo 1.4 TDI :-)

I have two questions that I hope one of you could answer for me:

1) Have just purchased 2 silverstar H7s but unlike the Golf I can't get it to change the old bulbs! Is there a way to get in to change the bulbs without having to remove the battery/fuel filter etc?

2) It currently has stock 165/70 R14 wheels but I'd like to put alloys on like the Golf had :-) What offset, tyre size, rim and J combination do I need if I'm considering either 14 or 15 inch rims?

Many thanks for any help you all can offer.

Cheers,

Ian
1. Yes take the bumper off - only way unless you can squeeze your hand in the gap.

2. ermm catn remember but do a search its been covered many times before - think the sizes you need are in a topic a few down actually.
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

1. i think the TDI's headlights are very hard to get into without taking off the bumper, unles u have tiny hands.

2. the mk4 golf wheels will fit straight on, probelm is ull need smaller tyre sizes.

ET35 or ET38 will do
6" wide to 9" wide also fits :P

stud pattern is same as mk4 golf , 5x100

HTH
Polo-03
Silver Member

Post by Polo-03 »

My polo is a 03 plate had it since new and I'm now on my 3rd set of standard headlight bulbs! I'm pulling my hair out cos its just too much hassle to change it yourself, mine goes into the dealer for new new bulb!!! Madness!
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

me and one of my mate's car (both petrols) are easy to get into to change the headlights... think the diesels have the tighter bay because of the air intake pipe thing :?: