Some c*nt hacked my eBay account!!

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

Here's a recent Bullsh!t email I received from ebay....

Dear eBay Member:

kwikdigital has informed us that they have not yet received your payment for the following item:
COMPLETE SCREEN PRINTING SILKSCREEN T SHIRT SHOP - (#7591035721)

No action is being taken against your account at this time. However, it is important to remember that when you bid on or buy an item you are agreeing to a contract between you and the seller. If the situation isn't resolved within 7 days of this reminder, you may receive an Unpaid Item strike under eBay's Unpaid Item Policy.

If you don't respond by Feb-16-2006 you may receive an Unpaid Item strike.

Most Unpaid Item disputes can be resolved through direct communication between the buyer and seller, and we encourage you to work with your trading partner to reach a resolution.

Regards,

eBay

I checked the item number but no sign of me bidding. So you gotta be careful.
Mk2Adam
Platinum Member

Post by Mk2Adam »

mysteryboy wrote:Here's a recent Bullsh!t email I received from ebay....

Dear eBay Member:

kwikdigital has informed us that they have not yet received your payment for the following item:
COMPLETE SCREEN PRINTING SILKSCREEN T SHIRT SHOP - (#7591035721)

No action is being taken against your account at this time. However, it is important to remember that when you bid on or buy an item you are agreeing to a contract between you and the seller. If the situation isn't resolved within 7 days of this reminder, you may receive an Unpaid Item strike under eBay's Unpaid Item Policy.

If you don't respond by Feb-16-2006 you may receive an Unpaid Item strike.

Most Unpaid Item disputes can be resolved through direct communication between the buyer and seller, and we encourage you to work with your trading partner to reach a resolution.

Regards,

eBay

I checked the item number but no sign of me bidding. So you gotta be careful.
haha you gotta be a real idiot to fall for that one..."oops, i havn't bought anything like that but i don't want an unpaid item stroke, i better just send the nice people £10 to be safe" :roll: i bet my mum would fall for that actually :lol:
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

It's even a real Item :)

Buy it now for $749.00 (£431.87) :lol:
mysteryboy

Post by mysteryboy »

Yeah you do have to be pretty dumb to fall it... But if they send it to 1000's of people and 10% fall for it.... Tidy amount would be coming their way.

Hahah yeah I checked to see what it was... Not a bad item... Could sell fake T-shirts & stuff.. or make my own brand :idea: haha
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

:lol: Go for it mate.
Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

lol, maybe it's actually a viral advertising gimmick rather than a scam?

Recognise the stuff about the nigerian scammers though, mate was selling a laptop on there, he even ended up putting in large red letters I WILL ONLY SHIP THIS ITEM INSIDE OF THE UNITED KINGDOM AND ONLY ACCEPT PAYMENT FROM UK RESIDENTS and still got some hassle from them. Also had to remove the Buy It Now.

Wanted him to parcel the thing up and ship it to Nigeria before they'd pay him! How bloody thick do they think we are? (It was probably all automated, but still, someone somewhere had to set this up).

=insert classic link to guy who scammed the scammers and found out where they were operating from (somewhere in london) and sent them a nice package... a fake laptop full of poo or something=
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

The classic, could you send the money to an address in Nigeria, but the goods to my son in Paris :lol:
DelG40
Gold Member

Post by DelG40 »

The IP address will you give you the location of the person on their ISP server. Not their actual home address or place.

For example, mine shows England - Pipex. I'm in the North of Scotland.
mysteryboy

Post by mysteryboy »

Seems like the Nigerian scammers have gone on holiday and have been replaced by some Indian scammers.
My mate was selling his d600 the other day and it got bid up to £500 by some newbies from India.
He got a fake paypal email today saying confirmation of payment which is quiete convincing.
So they seem to have figured out that we don't accept Bidpay and have created fake paypal email.
They seem to be getting smarter... (I can see a lot of new ebayers falling for this which is a shame really)