thinking of buying a polo!! should i????

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
large
Getting There!

thinking of buying a polo!! should i????

Post by large »

after reading the "common faults page" i am wondering if i should still buy one of theese cars!

they sound like a real pain in the arse of a car

anyone had any major problems with there's

any comments welcome

cheers large!!
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

YES!! lol, polo's rule, vw engines are built 2 last man, the faults u read, r very little an may not happen while u drive urs, but at least u know u have help if there where 4 summit 2 go wrong coz u can just ask us guys an gals. :D become a dub owner my friend.
CULLYBABE
New

Post by CULLYBABE »

Hiya large how ya doing?
Most cars have there problems some more than others Polo's are no different!
This forum has just posted that to inform you of some of them and also to help you sort out the problems!
All forums should be as informative as this one!!!

All the people who post on UK-POLOS.NET love there polos they are a great choice of car.
With VEE-DUBS you cant go far wrong!!!!!!!
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

look at it this way: very few people will post up messages saying how reliable their car is - the majority of people only post when they have a problem or to help others solve their problems.

i think this applies to any car forum.

i would say that polo mk4's are pretty good on the whole, it tends to be small problems that crop up.
nutter guy
New

Post by nutter guy »

DONT DOUBT THE DUB :) THEYR AWESOME CARS
NZ POM
New

Post by NZ POM »

Mines in the garage at this moment in time having the infamous overheating problem fixed. but thanks to the info on this forum they have agreed to check the faults as mentioned in common faults forum first. Hopefully this will save time thus money. At least the members admit these faults and share their knowledge about them,unlike other sites which all they do is say how great their cars are.Go ahead get your polo send us some pics and enjoy the fact that your in great company from all over the world. WOULD I SWAP MY POLO :?: NEVER .. :D
char
Bronze Member

Post by char »

nutter guy wrote:DONT DOUBT THE DUB :) THEYR AWESOME CARS
lol well said

go for it, i love my polo more than all my previous cars put together :D
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

:D polo!!!!!! :P
vdubyabush
Silver Member

Post by vdubyabush »

they r great cars man, every car has problems, for the record only thing thats been wrong with mine is a dodgy passenger window but that took about an hour to fix, so to be honest great cars, and u seen how sweet they look?? lol get 1 !!! :twisted: :D
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

might aswell...

nothing better out there...
large
Getting There!

Post by large »

cool.

with such a positive responce i think ill get one :D

BUT IF IT FOOKS UP IM HUNTING YOU ALL DOWN :evil:

joke!!! :P just waiting for the money to clear and then im on the hunt.
cheers large :D
kerley
New

Post by kerley »

I have had A LOT of cars and I would compare the MK 4 Polo to a BMW in terms of build quality and finish. Most hatchbacks don't come close.

The engines are however a bit dull and the standard handling is crap.
Polo Paul
Silver Member

Post by Polo Paul »

Theyre great little cars, they have their faults but then so does every car and if you went on other forums and searched you'd prob find an equally long list. Most of the faults are relatively minor things anyway.

The other thing to remember is that most MK4's are pushing ten years old now so the odd bit is about to break. Just buy with sense, FSH and a well cared for example will go for years. Just pop your head in the MK2 section and see how many at 20 years old are still going strong!
Tris
Gold Member

Post by Tris »

if you read the list of common faults, think about it.... pretty much all of them are minor things.

Go to a saxo/punto/clio forum and do the same thing, you will find most of their common faults are gearboxes/head gaskets/waterpumps failing etc etc
In other words, much more serious stuff

I think Polo's are much better than their alternatives, I wouldn't have bought one otherwise.

I'm very happy with mine, I've yet to find a car of the same value I'd swap it for. :)