Warranty

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
hot_polo
Bronze Member

Warranty

Post by hot_polo »

okay, alot of people are having trouble with their gearboxes, and at the moment it seems like i have been to.
What i wanna know is is there anyone who has dealt with companies like http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk who specalise in warranties for a fee which is around £25 or so.

Would it be worthwhile or do they not cover the gearbox problem?
Dan_Gti
Getting There!

Post by Dan_Gti »

I have warranty cover on my car which came free from the dealer. I had some repairs done recently (clutch cable snapped, leaking screen wash resevoir). They wouldn't pay for the clutch cable as it was a 'wear and tear' part :roll:. The thing that really annoyed me was that they will pay for the replacement part they cover, but will only pay for the first hour of labour (the most expensive bit). So my bill came to around £150 but they would only pay out £50 (and I still haven't received my cheque :x ) My advice......don't bother!
jimmadee
New

Post by jimmadee »

The clutch cable is covered by mondial insurance, the 3rd party warranty you can get after the dealers warranty runs out!.

I had mine replace a few weeks ago, it snapped 8)
Dan_Gti
Getting There!

Post by Dan_Gti »

I wonder how common it is for the Polo GTi clutch cable to snap? The AA bloke that did a temporary fix said he had done quite a few. He also said it was quite uncommon for a modern car not to have a hydraulic clutch and would certainly help the Polo with its heavy clutch..... :o
thedees1
Sponsor

Post by thedees1 »

Dan_Gti wrote:I wonder how common it is for the Polo GTi clutch cable to snap? The AA bloke that did a temporary fix said he had done quite a few. He also said it was quite uncommon for a modern car not to have a hydraulic clutch and would certainly help the Polo with its heavy clutch..... :o

mines snapped about 3 weks ago. lucky i had just pulled away from a busy junction and i was on a down hill so managed to pull into a side street. got a tow to neareast vw garage they fixed it in 1 hour total price all in £97

the only thing is that my pedal is still really creaky ,and crunchy gear changes when it heats up