+ Remap OR No Remap??? +

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

Let us know what they tell you m8.
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Performance figures are typically pessimistic anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if it achieved more than 134mph in standard form.

Out of interest, anyone know what VWs policy on trackdays is in terms of warranty related claims?
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

A very much dount VW will cover you if you are using your car for racing purposes. Am sure this will be in your contract. :evil:
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Post by kc »

Redline wrote:Performance figures are typically pessimistic anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if it achieved more than 134mph in standard form.

Out of interest, anyone know what VWs policy on trackdays is in terms of warranty related claims?
basically if vw were to build a car that did 134 on the dot, it would be limited to that via the ecu - like how high powered cars are (bmw/merc etc) and limit them to 155...

there is no way they can void a warranty on a car that goes 1mph over the "Top Speed" on their cars, im going to give my local dealership a call and ask them tomorrow, then probably send a letter/email to vw uk to see what they say also

pretty alarming really consider i bought the car in sept 06, took it on a track day, did over 134 and if they write off my warranty cos of that, the car is going back to their showroom... via the big glass display haha
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Post by kc »

Ive had a work with VW, and they said that down at the dealership, there is no program that flags up what speed you have been driving at (top speed wise) that will bugger up your warranty.

*breathes sigh of relief*
burnburn
New

Post by burnburn »

i highly doubt VW would void warranty if it exceeds their pressumed max speed....
can't we go downhill and floor it?
gravity wins. :wink:
and doing light mods that ads a bit of power should be fine too.
then again, if VW wanna blame those modes for warranty claims, they can...