************** 5 QUICK QUESTION ******************

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
LowPoloCo.
Silver Member

Post by LowPoloCo. »

1) 2 Months

2) 10 cars - all VWs, my parents have a mk7 polo, and before that we had a Lupo, so i looked at Polos and a couple of Lupos. I wanted a Mk5 Polo, but at the time they were hard to find on the court yard at dealerships, so settled for the mk6, now i like them more, but i guess i would say that... :roll:

3) Perfect size of engine and body. Liked the look of it, and my mate had a Black 3 Door car, and this one was black and had 3 doors, and also low mileage, so it was perfect.

4) My parents had had 3 other VWs, so we knew they were a good make. yeah, the fact it was a VW swung it well.

5) I'd chose the VW just so i could say "i own a VW" its that classic brand name thing.

hope this helps mate
chunkychimpanzee
Bronze Member

Post by chunkychimpanzee »

1. It took me about 4 months to find my Polo

2. I viewed about 3 or 4 of them. They were all 6n Polo 16v model only, no other cars at all!

3. I had a 1.4 CL 6N before, I always wanted to have a 16v. Its because they are faster and they are the top of the range. It also has a better body shape.

4. Yes, I think VW influence my decision. After having my 1.4CL to be my first car. I do believe German car by far the best, as I dont like French car or Vauxhall.

5. Got to be VW!! Because other one would be VW lookalike... which is no good to me. I dont mean I dont like other make like Skoda or Seat. If you said same designed that would be my answer. The VW Lupo and SEAT Arosa would be an example!!

These both issues are important to me. I would not buy a Hyudai or Kia rubbish... unless they have massive innovation like the Toyota which has created the Lexus Brand... This is really grown on me.. I love the Lexus, the way they improved, the way the design the car, the way that they passion about car. Very impress with their hybrid engine on the Lexus model range. In conclusion, I think my answer is more on the design issue!!
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

1st question.
How long did it take you to find your VW Polo?

About 6 months or so

2nd.
Approximately how many cars would you say you looked at, and were they all polos or were their any other cars?

I looked at a number of cars but mainly polos. About 30+ tho just couldnt find the right one

3rd.
What made you choose the polo?

It was the one

4th.
Did the fact the car was a VW influence your decision and if so why?

Absolutelly

5th.
Of the car you choose, i.e. VW polo mk4, if you had the choice over the original VW polo mk4 and a car designed exactly the same with a identical engine but not made by VW, which car would you choose?? (Both cars would be the exact same price and the exact same colour, only thing to distinguish them would be the badge.)

Probably choose the vw because of the whole image thing. Unless the other one was faster...

If you answer is VW,
Which is more important to you when buying a car, the design or the brand?

Bit of both really. Design is important otherwise if it wasn't I would have got a micra :lol: but so is reliability.
Petrol_Head
Silver Member

Post by Petrol_Head »

BUMP!!!!

please answer the questionnaire if you haven't done so all ready!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!! :lol:
CraigMK4
Silver Member

Post by CraigMK4 »

1st question.
How long did it take you to find your VW Polo?

Roughly 3-4 Weeks

2nd.
Approximately how many cars would you say you looked at, and were they all polos or were their any other cars?

I looked at various 6n's, maybe 8?

3rd.
What made you choose the polo?

Wanted a Golf but couldn't afford one, but now i'm much happier i chose the polo!

4th.
Did the fact the car was a VW influence your decision and if so why?

Yes, without a doubt. My dad has a Golf and swears by VW.

5th.
Of the car you choose, i.e. VW polo mk4, if you had the choice over the original VW polo mk4 and a car designed exactly the same with a identical engine but not made by VW, which car would you choose?? (Both cars would be the exact same price and the exact same colour, only thing to distinguish them would be the badge.)

it's all about dubbin :D

If you answer is VW,
Which is more important to you when buying a car, the design or the brand?

Brand i guess, if it's a VW, you already know the design is perfect!