5 door polo's

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
polo1.8t
Getting There!

5 door polo's

Post by polo1.8t »

has anyone had problems with their rear doors creaking?
mine do it bad, my dad says they need adjusting badly. the noise is quite loud, i actually thought it was a creak coming from the passenger seat but having passengers in the rear of the car more recently they've all complained of this noise, it is infuriating...my dealership said "no fault found" when i told them about it! bloody useless
flyfs6
Silver Member

Post by flyfs6 »

I've exactly the same thing on mine and it drives me mad. I just dont know, and to be honest haven't had the time to see what can be done.
BeezerDiesel
Bronze Member

Post by BeezerDiesel »

Not sure whether mine creak or not. I'll have to ask the kids to shut up so I can hear any squeaks, rattles and creaks!!
AKs_SlickPolo
Gold Member

Re: 5 door polo's

Post by AKs_SlickPolo »

polo1.8t wrote:has anyone had problems with their rear doors creaking?
mine do it bad, my dad says they need adjusting badly. the noise is quite loud, i actually thought it was a creak coming from the passenger seat but having passengers in the rear of the car more recently they've all complained of this noise, it is infuriating...my dealership said "no fault found" when i told them about it! bloody useless
Its probably that the door striker needs adjustment. These bolts are only torqued around 20NM and so with general wear and tear and the door being slammed hard or something there is a chance that it may move slightly. Its easy enough to do yourself but you need a M8 spline and you need to be patient as adjusting this can create more or less panel gaps (and raise and lower the door) so you need to be patient to make it perfect (best to mark around the striker to keep hold or previous position too incase).

Assuming its under warranty its probably best to let VW adjust this but take pics of panel gaps before they do it as they can sometimes not do it properly themselves.

Lubing the door seals may also help.
polo1.8t
Getting There!

Post by polo1.8t »

Thank you for that! Very interesting, I can assure you that no-one slams my doors! I'll give VW a try first see what they can do, under warranty for another 2 yrs so got a pretty good chance they'll sort it out, lol
missemma
New

Post by missemma »

I've noticed this and couldn't work out where the squeek was coming from. Not surprised it's my doors - see my post. I've got one holding onto water and the other one rusting! Have you noticed anything like this?