NEW POLO 65BHP 5 DOOR E

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Ratty
Getting There!

Post by Ratty »

My head hurts!

I apologise for that moment of complete buffoonery...many I be banished to the deep dank pits that are the Corsa forums for a whole day! :D
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

:lol:

Off you go then!

:wink:
tdisport
Getting There!

3 cyl. sound

Post by tdisport »

I can confirm that three cylinder engines sound beautiful. after all, its half a "six" so sounds similar to a six.

Have driven 3 three-cyl cars (Mine, 1.2 hire car and Mercedes Smart).
Out of all of them the Smart sounds the nicest as its petrol with a turbo and it sounds like a mini porsche boxster.

The 1.2 engine also sounds sweet. Mines OK but being diesel a bit rattly on idle. Still, was the only reason I chose that car over the more expensive 1.9 tdi.
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Yeah I agree with tdisport, the Smart engine does indeed sound the best even when trashed (I had one for a week, great fun). I'm actually looking at a town car and the new smart roadster is currently top of my list, it uses the same 3 cylinder turbo charged engine but spints to 60 as quick as my Tdi Sport.

Can't vouch for the 3 cylinder VW engines but VW wouldn't have spent so much money on development. I'm all for saving the environment so low emmision tdi's and fuel effiecient 3 cylinder engines are the way to go.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Not heard a 3-cyl Polo, test drove the 1.2 3-cyl but didn't really hear it at the time. Mines a boring 4! :D

I must admit, my mates got a Brabus Smart, and it does sound lovely!
He ordered the Roadster at the Motorshow last year, and is expecting his test drive soon.