Insurance

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

andyniceday wrote:postcode is a big factor.

im 21, 4 years driving, 2 years no claims (2 years spent on parents ins.) £1400 with brentacre.
I pay about £1500 with Brentacre and I'm 21, 3 years driving, 1 years no claims.
Rupy
Bronze Member

Post by Rupy »

Mines is currently £820 TPFT with mods declared. 24 with 3 yrs NCB, been driving 6 years now, and have got a TS10 and SP30 (6 points in total).

I'm with endsleigh....all you students should go check them out. They do discounts for students :lol:
nogwuy
Silver Member

Post by nogwuy »

try swift cover, mine is only £215 a year fully comp for me and the wife (although i am really old compared to most of you guys at 28! and have 8 years ncd). I am in a higher risk job now otherwise it was £198!! also with them you can have up to £1000 wheels, £1000 stereo and a full stainless exhaust without having to declare it as modified. worth a look if you are old like me!
womble68
Bronze Member

Post by womble68 »

Swift Cover is run by Adrian Flux, although I'm whether there'd still be a difference between quotes, whenever I've asked Adrian Flux their quotes have been completely uncompetitive, usually sourcing the Insurance from somebody like Norwich Union.
I'm with Brentacre and that was about £400 or thereabout, but then I did take out the policy on a Mk5 Golf GTi in February, then change the policy in April which would meant I meant I paid a surchage for the swap. They've been really good, although I am an old git it seems in these circles at 27 ;) My main reason for going for them was that with 4 years no claims they'd give me Protect No Claims where Greenacre (my previous insurer) although by about £30-40, wouldn't. I'll see what happens when I come round to renewal. I usually ring a few other insurers before ringing my own in order to get something to compare against, and to get them to match.
Brentacre have been pretty good since they'll allow BHP limits and won't charge for a fair no of mods. Stereo cover if I remember right is only average but then not too fussed.
Fairly sure next years quote will be more like your's nogwuy considering an arbitary check with Churchill who usually quote a bit higher than Brentacre, etc was ~ £330.