BBS split rim refurbishers!!!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
clarky_86
New

BBS split rim refurbishers!!!

Post by clarky_86 »

I know this question has likely to have been asked a million times.

I want to get my original polo gti's wheels refurbished, they are the only things that are making my car look terrible.

As your all be aware, there the BBS RX2s and are 2 piece split rims.

Can anyone recommend a garage who is capable of doing a decent job and how much i will be looking at spending per wheel ( approx. )

One of the wheels has clearly been done before, as its like a polished outer.
Im thinking if i get them done to have the outers polished or whatever a method would be, to not require lacquer, so hence prevent them from peeling again!

I live on the oxfordshire/warwickshire border, and am a matter of miles from northamptonshire so any info on garages within them counties would be smashing.

Thanks again

Clarky
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: BBS split rim refurbishers!!!

Post by Tim_GTi »

You can do the outer rims yourself.

There's a guide here:

http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... urbishment

I know the picture links are broken, but I think they are sorted out further on in the thread?

If you wanted to get them done by someone else, I'd budget may £100-150 for this?

If you want to get the inners done, I'd get them sand blasted then powdercoated to whatever colour you require. This can cost around £40 a corner, depending on the quality of finish.

Check out this place, they have a good reputation:

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/contact.htm
D77
Bronze Member

Post by D77 »

Pristine wheels in milton keynes did a mint job of my 16"rx2's had used them before so went back to them as they have always been a top finish
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

Any bodyshop anywhere can do these alloys, there so easy and bodyshops will bite ur hand off for work, just tell em wat u want and they will help u out alot! Its very easy work like 10 year old easy for a body shop buddie!