Feeler: G40 for Breaking/Repair

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
Mk2Adam
Platinum Member

Feeler: G40 for Breaking/Repair

Post by Mk2Adam »

Hi Guys

i had my much loved G40 crashed into whilst it was parked outside my house on november the 5th (one i shall now always remember)

the guy somehow only managed to hit the rear wheel and so it's just the rear axel, wheel and suspension on that side that have been damaged, i've been weighing up my options as far as repairing it, or transplanting the engine to another shell or trying to sell it as a whole and i've finally had the confirmation that it's "uneconomical to repair"at least by the fantastic independant engineers which advised the value of the car is £400 (by Glass's) and the cost to repair it would be £600.

i'm just seeing if anyone would be interested in taking the whole car (baring in mind the rear wheel is bent outwards as if it's a front wheel on full lock so it would need some ingenuinity to move it)

i won't go into full details unless people are interest but it's 1991, 135,000, the charger was last serviced by Pitstop around 126,000 miles, it had just passed the MOT and 12 months tax just before the accident, it had some mods so the car was RR'd a few years ago with 159bhp.

and i'm located in Medway, Kent

Thanks for your time guys and gals
jezza
Gold Member
Location: Yeovil, Somerset & Essex Drives 1.6 6N polo and a G40.

Re: Feeler: G40 for Breaking/Repair

Post by jezza »

Hi there mate. Could be a little project for myself, also have a mate who is looking out for one. You have any pics and a few more details, Cheers.
Mk2Adam
Platinum Member

Post by Mk2Adam »

So far the highest offer has been £750 so unless there is anyone with any advance i think i'll probably sell.

the engine was always sound, it had charger lube done max within 1000 miles, was never opened up for the 1st 15 mins and has always had oil and filter changes around 3000 miles since the car has been owned by me over just over 2 years.

it recently failed the MOT in october due to 2 split CV gators and one front tyre, i replaced both CV joints with brand new gators and got both front tyres done and they said one side for the handbrake wasn't braking properly so they adjusted that also, ...it passed 1st time the year before.

This was the spec when i bought the car and i haven't changed anything:
Jabbasport stage 2 charger rebuild with wider timing belt
SNS chip mapped for 250cc injectors and raised rev limiter to 8000rpm
Bartek 65mm pulley
Boost return mod with second inlet blanked off
Pitstop developments up rated boost hoses
Jabba sport induction kit with larger collar and polished heat shield (now has a different air filter attached)
De wedged and ported throttle body
VAG decat down pipe with full longlife stainless steel exhaust
Up rated 250cc bosch G60 injectors
Ported polo GT inlet manifold
Mocal thermostatically controlled 13 row oil cooler
JP gear box re build with new synchro’s, hub and selector fork (Done prior to when i bought it in 2006, i don't know when)
lowered on koni adjustable suspension with h&r cup kit 60 40
uprated cup car anti roll bar blocks
13 inch BBS alloys
Blaupunkt Casablanca CD player
Sterling power key Immobilisor (fitted by GAP security around 6 months ago as the toad one before stopped working properly)
clear front and side repeaters
late spec tinted rear lights
armour door plates

Bad Points:
>it has the normal tiny scrapes and a couple tiny dents polos normally have, although no proper dents barring the accident damage which didn't damage the body.
>Since i've had the car it had a really bad fit on the hose going to the oil catch tank which has always sprayed a fine mist around the top corner area of the bay, i'd bought a brand new catch tank but i'd never got around to fitting it as it needed mounting to the actual side somewhere and it never removed enough oil to worry about outside normal oil changes and making the engine not as pretty, i swapped the pitstop catch tank for a plastic bottle a few months before the accident in an attempt to temporarily fix it although that made no difference as i think it's just down to the rubbish hose used.
>it has one small patch of rust on the body work just past the drivers door towards the bottom edge about the size of two 50p's next to each other.
>the antena on top became unstuck with the sealant on the front and so left a small gap which whilstled, that's just gaffer taped down as it started in the middle of a long drive and again i've never got around to doing it.
>i would soon to replace the discs and pads so i'd recommend doing that soon.

Other than these things i've always been completely happy with the car and it's safe to say i was heartbroken when i found my car broken.

this was the car before the accident

these are the pics of the damage...
jezza
Gold Member

Post by jezza »

if i had the money to buy i would defo have it. Always wanted one there awesome cars!
jezza
Gold Member

Post by jezza »

Still got it?