rear quarter windows wanted

Request Polo related stuff! - Threads Automatically Deleted if no reply within 28 days. BUMP once every 14 days if necessary.
RITCHAT
Gold Member

rear quarter windows wanted

Post by RITCHAT »

Hi I am looking for the rear windows for the 3dr 9n polo that are the privacy type glass which open out...I know that I am looking for hens teeth here and will no doubt have to visit vw for them but if any one has them spare including fitmnets and the rubbers let me know.
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Re: rear quarter windows wanted

Post by kc »

ive been looking for these for years :(

good luck mate :)
Rich_T
Gold Member

Post by Rich_T »

were these an optional extra or something? i never knew they made them!
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

Rich_T wrote:were these an optional extra or something? i never knew they made them!
Yes they were an option when I bought my car unfortunately I couldn't specify this or the fog lamps as extras as they had stopped manufacturing the twist. I wanted a black one but not available so went with a mercato blue one.

I have noticed that the cars in some foreign areas have it std ie south africa. The parts I have been told are readily available at vw the glass is approx 65 quid and with the fitting kit and new rubber about 100 quid each side. I did this option to a fiesta back in the early 90's and it was a doddle to do. the polo will be a bit more difficult with bonded windows but patience and time, a good job will be done. something a bit different for the u.k.
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Post by kc »

i was told that you need new door cards too as the new rubber doesnt fit with the existing

i mightve been told wrong though

any part numbers ritchat?
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

You cant get privacy glass on a 9n.

I work for Autoglass and have looked into it

As for the opening rear quarters, I looked into changing mine to the opening ones and it ran into sill money. You need to change all the rear inner trims.
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

chewy wrote:You cant get privacy glass on a 9n.

I work for Autoglass and have looked into it

As for the opening rear quarters, I looked into changing mine to the opening ones and it ran into sill money. You need to change all the rear inner trims.
possibily not through auto glass but vw have assured me that it is available and I could have got this when I ordered the car as it was a factory fit option I will post pics as soon as the car is complete with privacy glass. to change the rear windos it is £175+vat includes rubbers nuts bolts clips brackets windows I will fit my self and I will get discount off this as well. A bit expensive bit worth it to be different from the rest of the uk polos out there WOULDN'T YOU SAY..
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

kc wrote:i was told that you need new door cards too as the new rubber doesnt fit with the existing

i mightve been told wrong though

any part numbers ritchat?

glass 6Q3 847 099B £64.67.
glass 6Q3 847 100F £64.67
rubber 6Q3 847 145H £26.71
rubber 6Q3 847 146H £26.71
fittings 6Q3 847 081B 01C £24.91
fittings 6Q3 847 082B 01C £24.91
bolts N90737104 QTY 4 £0.24EA
bolts N90453703 QTY 4 £0.84EA
bolts N10451402 QTY 4 £0.36EA
TOTAL £175.00+VAT

NOT AWARE OF HAVING TO CHANGE DOOR CARDS WHY SHOULD THIS BE THE CASE WHEN DOING THIS TO A THREE DOOR MODEL
89Rallye
New

Post by 89Rallye »

This is a common conversion on the Lupo's, I know the windows are more readily available but I am sure fitment would be very similar.

Its a tricky business removing the bonded windows without scratching the surrounding paint and as for the inner panels they just need trimming around the catches.

There are loads of posts about it over on clublupo.