This is gonna be expensive.....but what's causing this noise

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
ben3486
Bronze Member

This is gonna be expensive.....but what's causing this noise

Post by ben3486 »

Right people....bad times.

Drove my car from oxford to norfolk last night....no worries at all. Went and started it this afternoon after it had sat for 24hrs and theres a horrible noise. Turns out to be something hitting the rocker cover from underneath :? . started to take the rocker cover off etc and noticed the teeth on the timing belt are cut half way though on about five of them and then just put it all back together again. does any one have a clue whats causing some thing to hit the rocker cover, or what is hitting the rocker cover? Any help would be wicked, and some price estimate? i know the belts are gonna be about £300 and then what ever else to sort the noise. thanks people.
big896
New

Re: This is gonna be expensive.....but what's causing this noise

Post by big896 »

dont no about the noise m8 but i paid £205 for a cam belt change and a full service, so dont get riped off!
ben3486
Bronze Member

Re: This is gonna be expensive.....but what's causing this noise

Post by ben3486 »

i did have the waterpump done last time which is why it as £300. Thinking now im going to stick in one of the hangars we have for tinkering with cars and my mate is going to sort it slow time for beer :D but i just ned a cheap cheap cheap run about and to know what the hell is wrong with my car. Any cheeeeeeeeeeeeeap vw's about in norfolk let me know