central locking

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
chipmunk
New

central locking

Post by chipmunk »

This is going to be a shot in the dark but I thought I would post anyway in case anyone has any suggestions!

Basically, I sold my polo about 4 years ago and it had a cobra alarm fitted with the central locking working from the keyfob. 4 years later I bought it back and the cobra alarm isnt attached anymore, no keyfob either so back to the good old manual way.....
The key when opened from the drivers door opens all doors (the barrel in the passenger side is dodgy), however it locks itself after a few minutes of driving, and the buttons stop working (lock and unlock on the drivers side by the window switch), and so you have to pull whichever lever to get out!
But if you get out of the car, lock it and unlock it again the buttons work again but only temporarily grrrr.
And sometimes when being driven it sounds like a central locking system motor somewhere at the back (petrol cap or boot?) is going a bit crazy, and sometimes even after you've locked the car it carries on for a few minutes.

Sounds like whoever ripped out the alarm system messed up the electrics, and to some it might be something they could live with but little things like this really bug me!

Any advice?

Thanks
Gary Gee
Bronze Member

Re: central locking

Post by Gary Gee »

my car did the opposite of this... it wouldnt stay locked (which where i live isnt the best thing to happen) and eventually my central locing pump which is in the right hand side of the boot behind the little hatch burned out... and it looked like water damage... if any of your freinds have a central locking pump u cud pull out and put in yours to check it could be that as my other mates did what mine did then he put a new one in (from scrap yard) and its worked fine ever since...

could be worth a try mate
chipmunk
New

Post by chipmunk »

Gary Gee wrote:my car did the opposite of this... it wouldnt stay locked (which where i live isnt the best thing to happen) and eventually my central locing pump which is in the right hand side of the boot behind the little hatch burned out... and it looked like water damage... if any of your freinds have a central locking pump u cud pull out and put in yours to check it could be that as my other mates did what mine did then he put a new one in (from scrap yard) and its worked fine ever since...

could be worth a try mate
I've looked at that, when i unplug the blue wire the central locking stops although it still carries on making the noise but thats definitely the root of the noises.
When plugged in the central locking works for the passenger door but the boot seems to be disconnected from the central locking now and the pin is missing from the petrol cap.
Strangely, when it makes the noise and i press the window button it changes tone?
I remember when it had the cobra alarm system the self lock was some kind of safety feature, but the buttons would work to unlock the car.

Are there any wiring diagrams anywhere for the 6N2?
6n2 Nathy
Bronze Member

Post by 6n2 Nathy »

I'll have a word with my mate on a different forum who does this for a job give me 5 minutes mate, :wink:
6n2 Nathy
Bronze Member

Post by 6n2 Nathy »

Ok dude, he gave me permission to pass on his number so i'll pm you it. :) Hope he can help.
chipmunk
New

Post by chipmunk »

cheers mate
I need a new passenger window switch so will be taking the door card off, the barrel is dodgy on that side and even though the window works from the drivers side it catches on the way down and doesnt open fully so if im honest im hoping that when i take the door card off, there will be a big arrow pointing to some really obvious wire but i know its never that easy lol