Why are GTi's not selling??

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
bradley1983
Gold Member

Re: Why are GTi's not selling??

Post by bradley1983 »

It went for £1700 which I was happy with.[/quote]

some people just want it gone. I on the other hand know what they sell for and what mine is worth and someone will pay it.
MrP
Silver Member

Post by MrP »

bradley1983 wrote:It went for £1700 which I was happy with.
some people just want it gone. I on the other hand know what they sell for and what mine is worth and someone will pay it.[/quote]

I concur!

I think I'll end up keeping mine and turning it into a track weapon...
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Are you going for the 1.8T Conversion then MrP?

Or a N/A monster running Jenvey Throttle Bodies, Schrick Cams, Forged Pistons etc 8)

Ben,
owenjt
Bronze Member

Post by owenjt »

bradley1983 wrote: some people just want it gone. I on the other hand know what they sell for and what mine is worth and someone will pay it.
Well good luck to you. I priced mine at what i thought it was worth and it sold, i'm happy. Parkers guide says 'private good' is valued at £1700 and the glasses guide says £1530 part ex. It's a 10 year old after all.
bradley1983
Gold Member

Post by bradley1983 »

but my car is SEXY!!!
owenjt
Bronze Member

Post by owenjt »

As are all the other polos out there!
MrP
Silver Member

Post by MrP »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Are you going for the 1.8T Conversion then MrP?

Or a N/A monster running Jenvey Throttle Bodies, Schrick Cams, Forged Pistons etc 8)

Ben,
N/a... I'm a big fan of revvy engines...

If it's not sold by the end of the month it's getting coilovers, some nicer wheels, 4 branch and a custom exhaust (which will be nice a quiet and hidden like an OE one).. Then a P&P head with cams will be next on the list... I'll be looking into gearbox's too...
bradley1983
Gold Member

Post by bradley1983 »

owenjt wrote:As are all the other polos out there!
mine is special. you know, like the kids who rode the special bus special.

I might have to put it way and just buy my new car as well. The mrs is learning to drive soon. It will be perfect for her.
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

MrP wrote:N/a... I'm a big fan of revvy engines...

If it's not sold by the end of the month it's getting coilovers, some nicer wheels, 4 branch and a custom exhaust (which will be nice a quiet and hidden like an OE one).. Then a P&P head with cams will be next on the list... I'll be looking into gearbox's too...
I hope it doesn't sell :P
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

If I have been researching it alot lately from the Lupo boys & girls and the engine is good for 180bhp if tuned correctly, possibly 200 depending how far your wallet opens :)

Kam Racing have produced a 4-1 Manifold for the Lupo GTI which has had some awesome figures on the dyno, I have contacted them to see if it will fit the Polo and/or can they make or modify it to fit the Polo. On the Dyno with a 200 cell sports cat it produced a 10bhp gain which I thought was pretty impressive.

They also supply it with a 100 cell sports cat or a straight De-Cat pipe, so essentially it could produce even more power.

The Raceland Manifold doesnt seem to give any noticeable gains from what I have seen, its not much better than the standard manifold.
4-1 is always going to be better than 4-2-1 though 8) The Kam racing manifold will be £400 minimum which is the downside

160bhp from the GTI wont be hard to achieve but when your looking for 170 or 180 then you will need different throttle bodies, improved fueling system, Racing ECU, Forged Pistons etc etc.

Be a beast though if you stripped it out bare too, loose around 80-90KG's and the power to weight ratio would be awesome!

Ben,
owenjt
Bronze Member

Post by owenjt »

bradley1983 wrote:mine is special. you know, like the kids who rode the special bus special.

I might have to put it way and just buy my new car as well. The mrs is learning to drive soon. It will be perfect for her.
Special to you maybe but to everyone else it's still a pretty standard 5 door GTi!
chris meardon
Silver Member

Post by chris meardon »

Looking at some of the prices on here even in the last 6 months they have gone down!

It makes me happy to think i got £1900 for mine partexchange and that was with close to 140k miles and in not great condition.

And that was 6 months ago from VW!!!

Glad I sold up when i did.
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

chris meardon wrote:Looking at some of the prices on here even in the last 6 months they have gone down!

It makes me happy to think i got £1900 for mine partexchange and that was with close to 140k miles and in not great condition.

And that was 6 months ago from VW!!!

Glad I sold up when i did.
Nice to know that the GTi can last that long :)
bradley1983
Gold Member

Post by bradley1983 »

Nice to know that the GTi can last that long :)[/quote]

Yeah, problery needed 4 gearboxes!

I think there are not many nice cars between £2-3k except an astra coupe turbo. 8)

The gti gets more looks than a crappy Saxo, Corsa or Fiesta. Thats why its worth the same as a 54 plate corsa!

BUT they do cost a lot to keep going! :evil:
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

4 Gearboxes? I doubt it very much

If you rag the car and dont look after it then yeah your going to get through several boxes