Fog Lights

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
cr44
New

Fog Lights

Post by cr44 »

anyone know where i can get a pair of genuine VW Fogs and the surrounding plates?

There aren't any on ebay except 1 that would require me to purchase the entire front end

Has anyone else retro fitted these? how hard?
Polo 2011 Moda
Getting There!

Re: Fog Lights

Post by Polo 2011 Moda »

Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40 ... Categories :wink: :wink:

I don't believe there's any difference between LHD and RHD foglights since the beam cut-off is flat.
cr44
New

Post by cr44 »

Thanks for the links guys, in all honesty they arnt any cheaper than the VW dealer.

For future reference...

Part codes are as follows:
6R0941061B/6R0941062B left and right fog lights
6R0941061C/6R0941062C left and right plastic surrounds

I pretty much quoted 1 of the bottom numbers and told him what I wanted.
Including screws and VAT the total comes to £141. You would also need a new section for the loom and a new lights control switch on the dash if you want to get them working. Check first to see if it can be retro fitted because I read on a few sites that it cant be done.
Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

cr44 wrote:Check first to see if it can be retro fitted because I read on a few sites that it cant be done.
Almost anything can be done but at what cost, that's another story... :wink: :roll:

I haven't looked into retrofitting since I ordered mine as a factory option, but is the "can't be done" because of the Central Electronics Control Module? I've read that some VWs with foglights and/or xenon have a so-called 'highline' control module with more features (incl. controls for the fogs) than basic control modules. So in order to integrate the fogs properly into the car's systems you'd need to upgrade the control module as well? Not sure if this is the case for the Polo, though.

You could of course wire the fogs in a traditional manner using a direct feed from the battery via fuse and relay, and fit a separate switch. But then that is a bit of a stone-age approach for a new(ish) car... :roll:
cr44
New

Post by cr44 »

I've come to fit them and have no idea how to get re blank grill sections off, I'm not removing the bumper that's for sure and you can't get behind the bumper because it's all boxes in. Has anyone removed the grill plates and do you have any tips otherwise I think I'm going to have to cut them out.

I do have pictures of what's underneath so I don't think it will be that hard.
Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

cr44 wrote:Has anyone removed the grill plates and do you have any tips otherwise I think I'm going to have to cut them out.
I have. Removed and tips. :lol:

http://www.louistools.de/catalog/images ... 118120.jpg

You need a plastic trim removal tool (set) similar to that picture to pry the grill plates free from their mounting clips. Just push the removal wedge between grill and bumper at various spots and pr(a)y. :wink:

Those plastic wedges can be bought for little money, so I wouldn't go the cutting or flat screwdriver route... Best not to remove them in cold weather though, at least warm the plastic thoroughly with a hair dryer etc. beforehand to avoid breaking the clips.