Golf MK6 GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Golf MK6 GTI

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

Anyone know the real mpg avergae i.e any one owned one?
Hurdy
Silver Member

Re: Golf MK6 GTI

Post by Hurdy »

POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

Thankyou just what I need! Had enough of my polo gti it's in the garage again, lost all faith with it and dont want another one! Yer im 19 insurance is only £1000 on the golf gti it's £3000 but test drove one today and I loved it, just the 25mpg puts me off lol
James617112
New

Post by James617112 »

who are u insured with? £1000 is cheap wish i could get that on a gti i would have one straight away
rover220
Gold Member

Post by rover220 »

My gti costs me £350 a year fully comp. Am looking at mk4 golfs though as could do with something abit bigger.
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

Having the right postcode plays a part in price.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

POLOGTI2011 wrote:Anyone know the real mpg avergae i.e any one owned one?
Yes my MK6 has done an average of 35 over the past 2 years. The consumption varies from 25-42 on the trips I do, depending on distance. I had a MK5 ED30 before this and the average was 32 over three years.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

POLOGTI2011 wrote:Thankyou just what I need! Had enough of my polo gti it's in the garage again, lost all faith with it and dont want another one! Yer im 19 insurance is only £1000 on the golf gti it's £3000 but test drove one today and I loved it, just the 25mpg puts me off lol
I was the same and ordered a GTI Edition 35 8) which should be here in the next 8-9 weeks. As I am an old fart the insurance is less than £300 :)
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

I was the same and ordered a GTI Edition 35 8) which should be here in the next 8-9 weeks. As I am an old fart the insurance is less than £300 :)[/quote]

Nice looking car, I test drove just the gti the 35th has the R engine de tuned aint it? If I could find a decent one I would have one but there like gold dust in 3door!
Edi30
Gold Member

Re: Golf MK6 GTI edit (Edition 35 test drive)

Post by Edi30 »

POLOGTI2011 wrote:I was the same and ordered a GTI Edition 35 8) which should be here in the next 8-9 weeks. As I am an old fart the insurance is less than £300 :)
Nice looking car, I test drove just the gti the 35th has the R engine de tuned aint it? If I could find a decent one I would have one but there like gold dust in 3door![/quote]

Had a call from my dealer yesterday as they now have an Edition 35 in stock so I went down for a look and a quick test drive. The car is Black Pearl 5 door DSG with 19" Glendale alloys (pics to follow) but it looked like it means business 8) First thing I noticed when I started it that it sounded more purposeful than a std GTI :D with a deeper exhaust note. The car has only done 40 miles so I had to take it easy. Once on the move the throttle response was better than std like it really wanted to go from idle. After I warmed it up I opened it up and it was very tight and didn't feel any quicker than std the first time but the noise was pure Golf R :twisted: just what I was expecting. I drove it for about 30 mins on different roads and loved it. By the end of the drive it was pulling more strongly than my GTI over 4000 rpm so it will be a flyer once it is fully bedded in. My dealer is going to lend it to me for a day once it has more miles on the clock so I am looking forward to that. Can't wait to get mine now :D
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Edi30 wrote:
POLOGTI2011 wrote:I was the same and ordered a GTI Edition 35 8) which should be here in the next 8-9 weeks. As I am an old fart the insurance is less than £300 :)
Nice looking car, I test drove just the gti the 35th has the R engine de tuned aint it? If I could find a decent one I would have one but there like gold dust in 3door!
Had a call from my dealer yesterday as they now have an Edition 35 in stock so I went down for a look and a quick test drive. The car is Black Pearl 5 door DSG with 19" Glendale alloys (pics to follow) but it looked like it means business 8) First thing I noticed when I started it that it sounded more purposeful than a std GTI :D with a deeper exhaust note. The car has only done 40 miles so I had to take it easy. Once on the move the throttle response was better than std like it really wanted to go from idle. After I warmed it up I opened it up and it was very tight and didn't feel any quicker than std the first time but the noise was pure Golf R :twisted: just what I was expecting. I drove it for about 30 mins on different roads and loved it. By the end of the drive it was pulling more strongly than my GTI over 4000 rpm so it will be a flyer once it is fully bedded in. My dealer is going to lend it to me for a day once it has more miles on the clock so I am looking forward to that. Can't wait to get mine now :D[/quote]

With pics

tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

nice mate
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Love the LED tail lights :P
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

Edi30 wrote:
Edi30 wrote:
Had a call from my dealer yesterday as they now have an Edition 35 in stock so I went down for a look and a quick test drive. The car is Black Pearl 5 door DSG with 19" Glendale alloys (pics to follow) but it looked like it means business 8) First thing I noticed when I started it that it sounded more purposeful than a std GTI :D with a deeper exhaust note. The car has only done 40 miles so I had to take it easy. Once on the move the throttle response was better than std like it really wanted to go from idle. After I warmed it up I opened it up and it was very tight and didn't feel any quicker than std the first time but the noise was pure Golf R :twisted: just what I was expecting. I drove it for about 30 mins on different roads and loved it. By the end of the drive it was pulling more strongly than my GTI over 4000 rpm so it will be a flyer once it is fully bedded in. My dealer is going to lend it to me for a day once it has more miles on the clock so I am looking forward to that. Can't wait to get mine now :D
With pics

Image[/quote]

Lovely car dude!
biff+
New

Post by biff+ »

bit chavvy :?