white 6r. pictures from dubshed

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

white 6r. pictures from dubshed

Post by jonnymoore »

so ive decided to make a new thread here cause i have about 3 different ones on here and there's bits and bobs everywhere.
and i just spent the last hour typing this all out and accidently deleted everything i wrote. so here we go, second time lucky... :|

i got my car for my 17th birthday and ive had it for about 6 months now and i love it! :)
it' a 1.4 candy white polo SE and i got the bodykit added as an extra. alot of people ask why i didnt get the rear bumper, at the time the rear bumper that was part of the body kit didnt really appeal to me so i decided to leave it out and wait and see if a nicer one came out. ive been toying with the idea of a gti rear bumper but as i'll probably have the car for about 4 years i can take my time and make the right choice :)

this picture is the very first time i seen my car :D :

and a few more pictures of the first few days of owning it:

after a week of owning it and before i even passed my test i couldnt wait to get modding, so i debadged the rear:
before:Image
after:Image

then painted the calipers green:

got a chrome exhaust tip for £6. bargain! :)
before:Image

added some carbon fibre:

then i got some H&R 35/55mm lowering springs. doesnt sound like a big drop but with the bodykit on it sits nicely :)
before: Image

then my favourite part... :)

they're 17'' bbs rs with stretched tyres. 7.5'' wide at front with 15mm spacers and 8.5'' wide at the back.

thats my progress from the last 6 months and there's a lot still to do. for the mean time im just going to do small mods like de wiper the rear window, gti grill, fog lights, induction kit, new lights etc while saving up for bigger jobs like the rear bumper, smoothed out front bumper and within the next year i'll more than likely get either coilovers or airbags. but i dont see the point in spending alot of money just to drop the car just another few cm's with coilovers so im seriously considering getting air bags, cause who wouldnt wanna be able to lift their car up and down with a switch.. :O
this guy has air ride and it looks sweet although it doesnt sit on the ground :(

anyway, thats all for now. ill keep updating with any canges.. any feedback (good or bad) would be appreciated :) thanks for reading :)
Last edited by jonnymoore on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
AJ_7
Gold Member

Re: candy white polo with bodykit.

Post by AJ_7 »

Got to be honest mate, I wasn't a big fan of the 35/55 H&R setup with your OEM alloys. The car didn't seem to sit right and the wheels weren't centralised in the arches. Then, you went and fitted those BBS RS's and holy cow, the car now looks SO much better. I'm quite fond of the Euro look but not something i'd go for personally.

As for your future mods, I'd consider keeping the grill you have instead of replacing it for a GTi grill and then maybe replacing the lower grille with an SEL one. Once you've fitted the foggies I think the front would look banging. Some rear window tintage might go down a treat too.

Looks great though mate :twisted:
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Reminds me a little of this... Without the braso polished horrifc rims!

NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

That car above would look mighty with OZ Racing wheels or something different, perfect stance! :o
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Nice Nice Nice 8) The front bumper spoiler i would put a carbon fiber wrap in the central part where it kicks in. In the catalogue it is a black section.
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

looking good
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymoore »

AJ_7 wrote:Got to be honest mate, I wasn't a big fan of the 35/55 H&R setup with your OEM alloys. The car didn't seem to sit right and the wheels weren't centralised in the arches. Then, you went and fitted those BBS RS's and holy cow, the car now looks SO much better. I'm quite fond of the Euro look but not something i'd go for personally.

As for your future mods, I'd consider keeping the grill you have instead of replacing it for a GTi grill and then maybe replacing the lower grille with an SEL one. Once you've fitted the foggies I think the front would look banging. Some rear window tintage might go down a treat too.

Looks great though mate :twisted:
yeah i know what you mean about the wheels not sitting central in the arches and i think the wheels make a big difference :)
about a year ago i detested the euro look, now im in love with it :D
do you know where i could pick up a lower sel grill from?:) and yeah, window tints could be an idea.. :)
thanks alot for the feedback :)
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymoore »

AJ_7 wrote:Reminds me a little of this... Without the braso polished horrifc rims!

that is nicee. although not a fan of the wheels either, maybe if they where a differente colour :)
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymoore »

SAMBA VAN MAN wrote:Nice Nice Nice 8) The front bumper spoiler i would put a carbon fiber wrap in the central part where it kicks in. In the catalogue it is a black section.
before i actually got the car i always said i would either get that part sprayed black or else carbon fibre, but then i drove past one with it sprayed black and from a distance it looked like there was no center splitter just looked like a gap so that put me off doing that :(
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymoore »

NeilMcConville wrote:That car above would look mighty with OZ Racing wheels or something different, perfect stance! :o
agreed, awesome stance
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymoore »

tt509 wrote:looking good
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Lower SEL grill here mate, probably the cheapest you'll find it outside of the bay of E. About £58 including delivery. A lot of forum members use this website :)

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... md%3Dimvns
Tyler Owen
Getting There!

Post by Tyler Owen »

In my humble opinion needs the body kit to follow on to the rear bumper, looks a bit pony with out it!

But each to their own and all that .... enjoy your motor! Image
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymoore »

AJ_7 wrote:Lower SEL grill here mate, probably the cheapest you'll find it outside of the bay of E. About £58 including delivery. A lot of forum members use this website :)

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... md%3Dimvns
thanks mate :) will most likely order that when i get some money :)
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymoore »

anyone know how much it would be ruffly to get the front bumper smoothed out?