6n2 Swticted live is Permamently live!

Discuss In Car Entertainment
rafcoppa
New

6n2 Swticted live is Permamently live!

Post by rafcoppa »

Hi

Ive got a 6n2 with a gamma unit in it and even with the ignition off and key out I can switch the radio on. Conversely this means I need to switch if off when I get out otherwise it will drain the battery. Ive just tried to fit a new head unit, Pioneer AViC-HD3II which doesnt have an off button and has a HDD and perm on GPS. So with this connected but with the ignition off the radio is still pulling around .65 volts which will drain the battery in no time.

Ive had the multimeter out and checked the wires from the loom into the head unit and both the brown and red and plain red wires are permamently live regardless of ignition position. Is this normal in a 6n2?? My electric windows still need the acc switch on to work, so its not a faulty key switch. Does anyone know where I can find a switched live wire to tap into to solve the problem or is there something else I can do?

Cheers in advance

Tom
x-luke-b-x
Bronze Member

Re: 6n2 Swticted live is Permamently live!

Post by x-luke-b-x »

this is how they are ment to be, unfourtnaly i dont know how to fix it, same as the lights ( they p*** me off just as much :L)

EDIT: i think you can switch the red and yellow wires around to fix this but im not 100%