Sticky Handbrake

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
x.laura.x
Getting There!

Sticky Handbrake

Post by x.laura.x »

My car is always parked on the road and i live on a hill... got into my car today, put car in gear handbrake off and my car wouldnt move....anyone had any problems??

I mentioned it to my stepdad and he said that it can happen but i wouldn't expect it to happen on a 12 month old car :?
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Re: Sticky Handbrake

Post by CANDYMAN »

Funny you should mention it i think in the owners manual it mentions hill assist so you dont roll Mine doe's it. :wink:
x.laura.x
Getting There!

Post by x.laura.x »

Yeah i know i have that found that out when crawling up a hill... however my car wouldn't move forward :?
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Post by blazeguarder »

How regularly do you use the car? Mine sticks on sometimes if it's been left for a while or if it was just washed... just give it a bit more power and it'll free off no problem.
jakovdub
Silver Member

Post by jakovdub »

Mine has hill assist and the dealer didn't mention it to me, it will stick for about 2-3 seconds and then you will roll :) I thought mine was a sticky handbrake but you can feel the hold if you push the brake pedal down :)
x.laura.x
Getting There!

Post by x.laura.x »

blazeguarder wrote:How regularly do you use the car? Mine sticks on sometimes if it's been left for a while or if it was just washed... just give it a bit more power and it'll free off no problem.
i use the car every day.. first time its done it... will just have to see if it does it again