Bonnet lid sound isolation foam, where to buy?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bear807
New

Bonnet lid sound isolation foam, where to buy?

Post by Bear807 »

I notice the 1.2 doesn't have the sound isolation foam, I wonder how do we get access to any of this? It might not help sound proofing but it can protect the bonnet paint for long run.
jakovdub
Silver Member

Re: Bonnet lid sound isolation foam, where to buy?

Post by jakovdub »

The 1.4 doesn't either but it's not as loud tho, I would still love to know where to get this from as
I want my engine silent, I know the spray I used for my badges called plasti dip is a sound proofing
Product so maybe worth spraying the inside of the bonnet? It peels off when you get bored of it lol YouTube it :)
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

Best asking CANDYMAN he got one off the tsi so am sure he will have the part number.
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Hiya I ordered the sound deadening pad off a Diesel polo. I just found the reg of a diesel polo off piston heads and rung my vw dealer! If they offer you the clips to hold the pad on don't get them as the pad comes with them already fitted :D I could dig you the part number out tonight when i get home from work.
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

The part number for the bonnet pad is 6R0863831B £51.03 but i got it cheaper as i got at trade price :wink:
Bear807
New

Post by Bear807 »

CANDYMAN wrote:The part number for the bonnet pad is 6R0863831B £51.03 but i got it cheaper as i got at trade price :wink:
Problem solve! Candyman you are the top man! Thx!