Just had a female moment...

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
PumpkinPie
Getting There!

Post by PumpkinPie »

:shock: crashed into my garage wall and took all the paint off my passenger side mirror. First time I've hit anything in 7 years of driving... At least it wasn't a car I hit :lol:
Bear807
New

Re: Just had a female moment...

Post by Bear807 »

Ouch! That's bad! Feel sorry for you :( luckly like you say you didn't hit a car. Maybe 100 quid of repair?
PumpkinPie
Getting There!

Post by PumpkinPie »

I'm not too worried about it TBH, I always used be be really OCD about my car being damaged by other people, but this didn't really bother me. I might be able to get a new cover for the mirror or get it painted. I'll be handing the car back when I get half way through the finance so I'll probably leave it until then, just in case I do it again :?
George H
Bronze Member

Post by George H »

Unlucky :(

A dickhead cyclist went into the side of my car and has damaged the wing mirror the other week. I was stopped at a red light at the time, and he came from the pavement without looking right into my stationary car. Then cycled off leaving me with a £350 bill :evil:

Shouldn't be too much for you to repair just a bit of a scrape on the wing mirror :)
jakovdub
Silver Member

Post by jakovdub »

Atleast your 6r ain't been written off like mine :(
Bear807
New

Post by Bear807 »

jakovdub wrote:Atleast your 6r ain't been written off like mine :(
What happen to yours? Written off :( :( is the insurance paying full?
jakovdub
Silver Member

Post by jakovdub »

Bear807 wrote:
jakovdub wrote:Atleast your 6r ain't been written off like mine :(
What happen to yours? Written off :( :( is the insurance paying full?
a guy hit me on his give way, i flipped 3 times :( car is officially wrote off, i'm on finance so i have agreed with insurance for a new car settlement so lets see what 6r i get this time... lol

just abit wary of driving now, as i can't face getting into my courtesy 6r :(
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by red6n2 »

Don't let it put you off, I was in a pretty serious bike accident couldn't walk for a few days was lucky to be alive, but 3 days later I was back on riding faster than before its all how you take it, I know it wasn't my fault so it doesnt knock my driving confidence at all
jakovdub
Silver Member

Post by jakovdub »

yeah it wasn't my fault either, thats why i'm abit wary atm, as soon as i get a new 6r i'm sure the more time i spend in it the better, it's just for now i can't.... i'm lucky to be alive also, the car was crushed at the front and passanger side was crushed but driver side stayed stable and i was padded by airbags so i'm really lucky and also lucky i didn't have any passengers!
ryanlownie
New

Post by ryanlownie »

Could be worse, buy a 6R for your first car, dent the left rear wheel arch (into another car), dint the front bumper and scratch 2 of your brand new Syenit alloy wheels.

:)
Bear807
New

Post by Bear807 »

jakovdub wrote:yeah it wasn't my fault either, thats why i'm abit wary atm, as soon as i get a new 6r i'm sure the more time i spend in it the better, it's just for now i can't.... i'm lucky to be alive also, the car was crushed at the front and passanger side was crushed but driver side stayed stable and i was padded by airbags so i'm really lucky and also lucky i didn't have any passengers!
I know it really feels uneasy and worry after even a slightest crash. Everytime I pass the same place I can't help but to think of the accident :( take care mate and enjoy your new 6r
Skyboard
New

Post by Skyboard »

George H wrote:Unlucky :(

A dickhead cyclist went into the side of my car and has damaged the wing mirror the other week. I was stopped at a red light at the time, and he came from the pavement without looking right into my stationary car. Then cycled off leaving me with a £350 bill :evil:

Shouldn't be too much for you to repair just a bit of a scrape on the wing mirror :)
Cyclist man, they want us to respect their right to use the road but then don't do the same to us. Here in SA they are so bad, riding 6 a breast taking up the entire road.