Are You Using Oil?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
WatchcamGTI
Bronze Member

Re: Using Oil!

Post by WatchcamGTI »

Mine left the factory in June - after the initial 1 litre top up its not used a drop and now on 5k miles.
Looks promising?
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

Is your engine the cthe or cave with the new inners?
WatchcamGTI
Bronze Member

Post by WatchcamGTI »

POLOGTI2011 wrote:Is your engine the cthe or cave with the new inners?
I have no idea - someone on here said it was old engine, but not sure how they knew. it is running fine though and now no burn at all (fingers crossed it stays like that!) Was built late May/Early June.
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

Well ive currently got a gti and orederd a new one in march then then it got cancelled due to cthe engine coming out so now ive got a brand new one sat at the dealers which was built in june, but still has the cave code... So me and the dealer are unsure if it's got the new mods or not so im undecided if to get it or not!
WatchcamGTI
Bronze Member

Post by WatchcamGTI »

POLOGTI2011 wrote:Well ive currently got a gti and orederd a new one in march then then it got cancelled due to cthe engine coming out so now ive got a brand new one sat at the dealers which was built in june, but still has the cave code... So me and the dealer are unsure if it's got the new mods or not so im undecided if to get it or not!
Its a tricky one - i have a way out as leasing with a final payment and its mine so if it turns out to be a dog can reject it and walk away. fine so far.
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Post by skipster »

I sent a message to my dealer yesterday about the fix but nothing back yet. I will phone up in the next day or so if no response.
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

WatchcamGTI wrote:
POLOGTI2011 wrote:Well ive currently got a gti and orederd a new one in march then then it got cancelled due to cthe engine coming out so now ive got a brand new one sat at the dealers which was built in june, but still has the cave code... So me and the dealer are unsure if it's got the new mods or not so im undecided if to get it or not!
Its a tricky one - i have a way out as leasing with a final payment and its mine so if it turns out to be a dog can reject it and walk away. fine so far.

Well spoke to vw uk and they said my engine has the new inners, i.e piston scrapers etc, new fan thing lol. So yours should be aswel!
WatchcamGTI
Bronze Member

Post by WatchcamGTI »

Sounds good! I was midly worried when it used oil in the first 2k miles - but seems ok now :) Hope everyone gets theirs sorted quickly. I see a lot are coming up for sale recently.
Vissa
Getting There!

Post by Vissa »

WatchcamGTI wrote:Sounds good! I was midly worried when it used oil in the first 2k miles - but seems ok now :) Hope everyone gets theirs sorted quickly. I see a lot are coming up for sale recently.
Yeah it's insane. When I was looking for the GTI I also looked at the used ones. Not a single one here in the Netherlands.

Now, a year later, the market is flooded with used Polo 6R GTI's. Very new ones with not even a couple of thousand kilometres. Prices are insanely low.

Most people want to ditch it I quess!
skipster
Silver Member

Post by skipster »

Don't say that Vissa! :o

I spoke to my dealer today for an update but their link to VW was down, so no update! :evil:
WatchcamGTI
Bronze Member

Post by WatchcamGTI »

skipster wrote:Don't say that Vissa! :o

I spoke to my dealer today for an update but their link to VW was down, so no update! :evil:
They should try the phone ... Old fashioned I know.
One thing I find odd. If there is a fix and there is a genuine design fault why no proper recall?
skipster
Silver Member

Post by skipster »

WatchcamGTI wrote:
skipster wrote:Don't say that Vissa! :o

They should try the phone ... Old fashioned I know.
One thing I find odd. If there is a fix and there is a genuine design fault why no proper recall?
Yes - agreed, they did say they would get back to me when they find out, but I know full well they won't. I get the impression that I am being a pain, and I only contact the dealer once a month! It's not good!
WatchcamGTI
Bronze Member

Post by WatchcamGTI »

I know what you mean. I offended them by questioning the high oil consumption in the first month. Once they have your cash!...
matrix_fcfei
New

Post by matrix_fcfei »

my gti eats 1.5L of oil for every 750km traveled.
kawabanga
Getting There!

Post by kawabanga »

Here in Italy at least a couple of GTI and another couple of A1 already received the oil separator modification + software update...
So far I was not able to have a pic of the modified part...

Of course those people are now under observation and they will perform an oil consumption test based on 1.000Km...