TROTTA'S Audi TT Quattro sport 240 thread,UPDATED!.*

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: TROTTA'S Civic Type R thread *.!CIVIC UPDATE, Service et

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

BIG RHYS wrote:Haha ben, just typed in smokehoes on youtube, then i was like wait a min I know that car ... thats lance's ! they all live by me !! 8)
Haha thats it Rhys :) I think Lance has the Silver EP2 Civic with a B18C Integra R engine coversion, its James that has the EP3 with ITB's both awesome cars though. I think those boys must have some serious money judging by the work done to their cars
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Ah mate you have no idea.

Ones just got a Ferrari.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Tim_GTi wrote:Ah mate you have no idea.

Ones just got a Ferrari.
I think I saw on facebook that James bought a Lambo too?
One of them has a R34 GTR too :lol: rich family I take it?
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

I hear you have a new car now?..... :wink:
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Ha, dunno what your on about lol.....

Nice audi tt Quattro sport 240bhp limited edition, 200 in this colour. Or less now as some have been crashed etc....

So yeah some tasty mods lined up all ready, huge brakes ordered. Porsche 4-6 pots depending on fitment. Miltec exhaust, and a remap hehe. 300bhp and a haldex Quattro controller to keep me planted and 4 wheel drive when booting it. Yummy isn't she..... Bose, recaros.

:lol: :lol:
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

LOVE IT! 8)
Trottagti

Re: TROTTA'S Audi Quattro sport 240bhp thread, civic sold!.*

Post by Trottagti »

Well I suppose I better update this as its been a while, iv just been tidying her up tbh and replacing all the badges and removing plate surrounds, added some new must do bits and a massive cleaning session today...

Few pics.
Well today I received my rear badges and s3 front grill badge, so seeing as the wearer is nice I decided to put them on. Here's a few pics, also the previous owner sent me some pictures he done before selling it to me.

Also ordered a new front Quattro badge in gloss black with red lettering to match the rear new Quattro badge. No more pink edges and badges ha.

Seeing as the weather was nice today and I have a meet tommorow at south mimms services, I decided a good detail was in order as it was pretty dirty and I haven't detailed it since owning it.

Hosed off and washed with two bucket method, Clay bared, polished, cleaned the fuel filler cap inside as it has never been done, detailed brush all edges and light/grills, arches cleaned, sealed after claybared, polished scratches out only a few, waxed with dodo juice, two coats of candy red wax, then glass cleaner, glass waxed, meguirs tyre gel applied and rubber treated to then finish I rainexed the glass so no wipers are needed until over 40mph. Very good stuff.

Also fitted new front Quattro badge a black one to keep it suttle looking and blend it better, also new rear Audi rings as there was dirt inbetween so removed that and clayed and polished. Also removed my plate surrounds as they were massive and horrid looking so a good day really.

Few pics from today.

Oh and I fitted my new bolts for the gear surround.

I have also purchased a set of brembo gt junior brakes, 330mm disc with 4 pot calipers and a miltek catback exhaust, I'm having the exhaust tips ceramic coated black to maintain the Quattro sport look. £1200 on brakes is big boy stuff ha... £700 on a cat back seems cheap after...

So the big brakes are because big power hopefully after a few more months saving and researching, reliable usable power is hard to get as I already have 240bhp and a 0-60 of 5.5...... But i still want more. And a visit to my trimmer may be happening lol!!!!!!!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: TROTTA'S Audi TT Quattro sport 240 thread,UPDATED!.*

Post by alexperkins »

Very nice craig. I knew you'd end up in something like this lol

The TT Quattro Sport was on my list of contenders before I bought the Ed30, but I deemed the 1.8T to have limited tunability, and 2 seats wasnt particularly practical for life at that point in time...retrospectively it probably was a bad move to not get a 2 seater, but hey ho!
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

alexperkins wrote:Very nice craig. I knew you'd end up in something like this lol

The TT Quattro Sport was on my list of contenders before I bought the Ed30, but I deemed the 1.8T to have limited tunability, and 2 seats wasnt particularly practical for life at that point in time...retrospectively it probably was a bad move to not get a 2 seater, but hey ho!
Deemed it limited lol, the 1.8t has more tuning capability of all the vag engines. They have been tuning this engine the day it popped out... Amazing engine to tune dude.... The only limitations would be internals I think, but I can run 350bhp easy. Ppl on TT forum I'm on have 500-650bhp monsters and run them daily. That's off the shelf parts aswell.

Forged internals can handle alot and I'm pretty sure it's forged?????

But yeah the TT was shouting out at me and being a decent 0-60 over pretty much everything else vag by a good second I had to have it, nice 0-60 in 5.6 seconds is fast enough for now.
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Out of the box, the 1.8T is a little limited compared to the 2.0 TFSI, and you can get more out of the 2.0TFSI without changing too much. Thats why the 1.8T was not something I was particularly interested in.

5.6 is plenty fast enough for now. The Ed30 is just shy of 4.2 0-60 and its pushing about 330BHP
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

The BAM engine is pretty limited tuning wise unless it's re-built
Pretty sure the rods will start to bend if you push more than 280bhp which is why you only tend to see mildly tuned TT's & Cupra R's

It cost's mega money to get the most from the engine, the BAM engine is probably the least reliable of all the 1.8T VAG engines.
It's not forged either mate so you would need a re-build if you want to push anywhere near 350

Must be quick enough now though surely? Plenty more mid range grunt than the Civic and the 4WD system is handy with our crap weather.
Good to see you are splashing the cash already 8) Brembo brakes and a Miltek system are tasty upgrades
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

I doubt very much you'll be getting that 0-60, that's the onboard reading isn't it?

If so I doubt you've gone from 6.6 to 4.2, the gearbox can't slow that surly????
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

That was a reading from one of those little 0-60 things

Extra 100nm of torque and over 100bhp

Ill check the export from it. That figure was from memory lol
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

I would bet my car it's not lol, that's Ferrari etc territory there.

I know those onboard readers are healthy with the times, same as the liquid gauges for the TT, they read the engine ecu and give a predicted bhp and torque figure and are always off. I'd say yours is pushing high 5's at a push.

I only want to free up alittle power as with the 4wd and weight save I fly off the lights......

I will see 270-280 bhp with the mods I have planned.

Can't go crazy again, I got this as it was crazy already lol....

Iv only ever heard good things about the engine and that's why loads of tuners love them as there very rev happy for a turbo car. I just enjoy the looks i get as ppl always look and give the how does he afford that look....
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:The BAM engine is pretty limited tuning wise unless it's re-built
Pretty sure the rods will start to bend if you push more than 280bhp which is why you only tend to see mildly tuned TT's & Cupra R's

It cost's mega money to get the most from the engine, the BAM engine is probably the least reliable of all the 1.8T VAG engines.
It's not forged either mate so you would need a re-build if you want to push anywhere near 350

Must be quick enough now though surely? Plenty more mid range grunt than the Civic and the 4WD system is handy with our crap weather.
Good to see you are splashing the cash already 8) Brembo brakes and a Miltek system are tasty upgrades

All audi TTs have forged internals dude, even the fwd have a forged piston and crank, the 225s have that aswell as forged rods depending on the batch as some didn't and can't take over 350 ft lbs.
The 225 engines have webbed blocks aswell to allow for more power and reliability. Stock 225s can take over 400bhp.
But the torque is the limiting factor but only on the rods. Everything else is fine.