Exhaust for 1.2 tsi

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
helloimjammie
Bronze Member

Exhaust for 1.2 tsi

Post by helloimjammie »

Hello

Just wondering if anyone has changed the exhaust on the 1.2 tsi models?

Currently have an r line with a standard exhaust and just want it to sound a little more raspy/throaty, nothing chavvy and loud, Something that looks like the GTI twin pipe aswell?

Can anyone suggest

Thanks
mark68
New

Re: Exhaust for 1.2 tsi

Post by mark68 »

I have a Longlife back box on mine with mid sport exhaust note.It sounds great and i'm very pleased with it.I think I paid around £140 for it on offer at Longlife Exhausts.You can choose from a various selection of tailpipes aswell.
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

I'm after the same thing as well, would you be able to put up a video of the sound of your exhaust please?
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Have a look on the internet/youtube, there are some videos of aftermarket exhausts fitted to various VAG 1.2 TSI engines. The only ones I can remember seeing that was from a reputable companies and not a garage were 'Supersprint' and 'Milltek' which I think is still work in progress.

AJ
helloimjammie
Bronze Member

Exhaust for 1.2 tsi

Post by helloimjammie »

I've looked on YouTube and they all seem alright but I don't want to have to import anything as big as that if it can be helped as that would be expensive?

I'd also be interested in a video of the exhaust you've got installed as it sounds just what in after and in the price range aswell :)

If you're able to put up a video I'm sure me and many others would appreciate that :) but I'm going to look into them now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

I've booked my car in to a place in Sheffield for a powerflow exhaust. Backbox and exhaust tip for £198 inc Vat.

Will let you guys know how it sounds, hopefully not chavy lol.
RayPolo77
New

Post by RayPolo77 »

Easiest is to get the non resonated center pipe from the 1.2 htp, 3 cyl petrol, and get a custom back box.
The car isnt too loud till u get rid of the CAT.
My setup [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQmt6NA ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]