New GTI - Was armrest an option?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

New GTI - Was armrest an option?

Post by Dink »

so having just heard back from vw about whether or not the new GTI comes with an armrest (it doesn't)

now when i ordered my polo it wasn't on the option list as it was shown as standard.

my question is did anyone see it as an option and where was it? (website or brochure)

i know it's not really a massive issue but does seem like something fishy going on
RJW2012
New
Drives: Polo 9R GTI

Re: New GTI - Was armrest an option?

Post by RJW2012 »

I think it's quite a miss on VW's part if there isn't one. It was a pain not having one in my 9N3 GTI, in fact it was the one thing I really hankered for (sad) & I couldn't bring myself to buy aftermarket. My 6R GTI has one, I think they were OEM and frankly I'd hate it if there wasn't one, I think it's a nice 'comfort' feature and the storage is quite handy. Maybe the Sales guy got it wrong - he probably hasn't sat in one himself!! If it's still being built you'd think they could sort it for you, clearly too difficult that.

2011 6R Shadow Metallic Blue GTI
(Daytime LED's, RNS 315, etc)
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

Dink wrote:so having just heard back from vw about whether or not the new GTI comes with an armrest (it doesn't)

now when i ordered my polo it wasn't on the option list as it was shown as standard.

my question is did anyone see it as an option and where was it? (website or brochure)

i know it's not really a massive issue but does seem like something fishy going on

I saw it as an option on the vw configurator back in December. I was a little surprised to see it as it is and was standard kit in my current 2010 GTI. Never use the darn thing!
I think initially the LED lights were going to be a cost option but are standard , perhaps they're trying to make up the difference.
The steering wheel will be a cost option next. :lol:
Jamwllms
New
Drives: Polo 6C BlueGT

Post by Jamwllms »

In the various re-downloaded price lists I have it is listed as being standard, so I was surprised to hear of people saying it wasn't. I went for the BlueGT in the end anyway, but it seems really sneaky for them to make that change, potentially after people ordered their cars?

Edit: Actually, looking through my old pdfs, I can't see where it said it was standard. Was it just in the configurator I saw it?
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

it was 100% on the interior view of the configurator (and still is on the icon underneath)

i'm sure i read it in the drop down list of the standard spec on the configurator.
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

The Configurator was, initially, nowhere near accurate. Sport Performance Pack was even listed as an option, and there seemed to be some confusion over LED lights being standard or not.

No mention of armrest when I ordered my GTI in January. I imagine VW would just say that specifications are subject to change, and to always check with your dealer first etc.

On a personal note I'm quite glad it's not standard. Had one in my Audi S3 years ago, and it just used to get in the way!
afk
New

Post by afk »

I definitely saw it under the standard specification list until only recently when it showed up as an option and then it disappeared from that list
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Post by greypolo9n3 »

Definitely an option as i have one fitted in my tdi...i did it take it off a gti however :D
V12MSM
New
Drives: Polo 6R SEL

Post by V12MSM »

Think it is factory fit in the SEL. Easy retrofit though.
nicmos
New
Drives: 2015 Polo GTi

Post by nicmos »

Hi,

I have just picked up me new Polo GTi today, and I too thought it was supposed to have an arm rest as standard.

I checked through the options list multiple times, and 100% I'm certain there was no option to add one when I ordered - mid Feb, I'm also certain there were pictures showing the interior, with an arm rest. Am annoyed as I would have specced it and paid the £110 if I'd known it wasn't going to come as standard. Feel like I've been mis-sold, which, in conjunction with the fact that Mirror link is next to useless (nothing works when the car is moving, scuppering my plan to use my phone as a sat-nav) has taken a bit of the gloss off picking up my spanking new car today.

It does look ace in Blue Silk though.

Would be interested to know how other people have dealt with this problem, as it looks like I'm not the only one?

Thanks,
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Post by greypolo9n3 »

Im sure there will shortly be a way to have your mirror link work on the go! lol
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

well basically vw said tough s**t and go back to your dealer and get it added before it goes to build.
Jamwllms
New
Drives: Polo 6C BlueGT

Post by Jamwllms »

nicmos wrote:Feel like I've been mis-sold, which, in conjunction with the fact that Mirror link is next to useless (nothing works when the car is moving, scuppering my plan to use my phone as a sat-nav)
Other users have had more success in this, I could have sworn it was perfectly capable to use as a SatNav platform. Does it just cut out after you set off?
nicmos
New
Drives: 2015 Polo GTi

Post by nicmos »

Mirrorlink problem is going to be a tricky one I think, it works, and then you get an error saying "can't use the apps when driving" or something, which I could understand if I was trying to watch a video or browse the internet, as I'm trying to use a navigation app, which is the whole point of mirror link, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Not a vw problem I think, so can't complain to the dealer.
JohnPolo
Silver Member

Post by JohnPolo »

nicmos wrote:Mirrorlink problem is going to be a tricky one I think, it works, and then you get an error saying "can't use the apps when driving" or something, which I could understand if I was trying to watch a video or browse the internet, as I'm trying to use a navigation app, which is the whole point of mirror link, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Not a vw problem I think, so can't complain to the dealer.

That's not good. I didn't bother to order sat nav for the same reasons as you. Hoping mirror link would provide navigation. :roll: