Newbie ordering a 6C Gti - hopefully

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Re: Newbie ordering a 6C Gti - hopefully

Post by blackertracker »

The issue for me is that the 7 speed dry clutch DSG has had too many reliability problems which are well documented. VW have had to issue an extended warranty in some countries due to the backlash over it.
If it was proven reliable and they changed the software so you had more control over it (e.g. allowed to rev to the limiter without it changing up for you) then I'd be interested.
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Shark00n wrote:
JohnPolo wrote:
shambawangy wrote:Many people saying the 'sports button' isn't useful especially when choosing a manual.

The main complaints being it makes the ride far too firm and the extra noise seems artificial
And there are many videos online and posted on here where people say the sports button is what turns it into a real GTI. I'm sure I won't be having it on all the time but I'm pleased to have the option.

http://www.polodriver.com/polo-2009/a-h ... more-18734
That review isnt very good. First they say its possibly the most powerful Polo ever; the Polo WRC was.

Second they are comparing the Sport button against itself. Stating its sportier compared to the normal mode. But of course it would be. Meanwhile there's no comparison to the benchmark (normal suspension Polo).
Given that a) the Polo WRC wasn't officially sold in the UK, and b) was a limited homologation special, rather than a full production model, I think it's safe to qualify the new GTI as the most powerful production Polo.

I also know the author of that review well and, given his knowledge and experience of pretty much every Polo produced, I'm inclined to trust his judgement regarding the Sport pack :wink:
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

Its the most powerful production Polo ever, that bit is true. But it's not the most powerful Polo ever. And something like 500 WRCs were made so...

Has be tested the non-sport button variant too?

But it's like I said. If sound actuators, sport buttons, fake steering feel and a harder ride are your thing, it's worth it.
For me, it's not.
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

I agree an auto 'box is great in heavy traffic, but I live in the country so this is not really an issue for me.
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

TheFrog wrote:I agree an auto 'box is great in heavy traffic, but I live in the country so this is not really an issue for me.
France being 4 times the land mass of England must help, more chance of having the road to yourself.
Last edited by JohnPolo on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

I won't use mine as a daily so to get an auto would be crazy.

me personally I'd of liked the sport button to firm up the dampers and that's it but if I've got to accept the rest then so be it.
martinp
New
Drives: GTI

Post by martinp »

I'll be getting a DSG purely as its my daily, and driving the monotonous traffic filled route to work every day, having an auto makes it a bit easier.

I want to spec the light and sight pack, but reading the convenience pack, it looks to have the items in the light and sight pack plus folding wing mirrors. is this the case? I'd probably spec the convenience pack if this is the case as it's not a huge amount more.

Popped down to my local VW dealer today and the sales guy said it would take 3 months to get a DSG GTI in for a test drive! So ringing round other near by, test drive is a must before i commit.
dunc85
New
Drives: GTI

Post by dunc85 »

martinp wrote: Popped down to my local VW dealer today and the sales guy said it would take 3 months to get a DSG GTI in for a test drive! So ringing round other near by, test drive is a must before i commit.
It may be miles away from you, but Chester did have one. That was a few weeks ago though.