New Owner confused about head unit.

Discuss In Car Entertainment
EdF
New
Drives: Match Edition 1.2 TSI

New Owner confused about head unit.

Post by EdF »

I've just bought a '17 Polo Match Edition DSG. I'd like to have Sat Nav but I'm confused by the handbook entitled Composition Media, Discover Media (Generation 2) Edition 05.2016. There's a section on navigation and downloading navigation data to an SD card and 'a second SD card slot' - which isn't to be found, so I suspect I have the wrong head unit to get built-in Sat/Nav? Using 'Menu' and System Information it's part no. 3Q0035842B, hardware H30 software 0359.
Can some kind soul tell me what I can and can't do with it? I'm aware of playing CDs and pre-recorded music SD cards.. I did try planning a route on my iPhone which worked to some extent, but lacking map detail. Thanks for any replies..
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: New Owner confused about head unit.

Post by alexperkins »

Have you got carplay? you can use apple maps then and it works brilliantly. iOS 11 makes them even better.
EdF
New

Post by EdF »

Think so, the car's been away with the wife, but I just managed to get a route showing. Followed the rather vague instructions in the booklet. :)
EdF
New

Post by EdF »

Seems like it's working, got Siri to select music from my phone and got some routes up. Is it necessary to have data roaming on the phone? Where did you get iOS 11, thought that comes out in the autumn? :?