Really getting tired of this..

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

GroovyCarrot wrote:Ah, that's alright then.. still doesn't make sense to me logically, but as long as that's how to make it work I won't question it :) I'll do that last little bit tomorrow morning then, and then I'll take it out for a celebratory spin :)
Remember to make that spin nice and steady

Hers a pic of me mates Monza after a celebratory spin!!!

Recovery was a little tricky to avoid further damage - method chosen by the recovery company left a bit to be desired

GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Haha :D Must have taken quite some doing :)

I forgot quite how much fun that little car is to drive.. over the last month I've driven a corsa 1.2, a clio 1.6 and a shogun 2.5 turbo, none of them comes close to the amount of fun that thing is :D Plus, something I've done to it has made it sound like a car rather than a vacuum cleaner, so that's an added bonus :D

Time to give it a bit of a clean out, and then off for another trip :)
Karl_CLCoupe
Platinum Member

Post by Karl_CLCoupe »

Hey, glad you got it sorted! You still running a 1.0 litre? I never did check to see what you were transplanting. I know you now benefit from a 5 speeder anyway.

Karl.
dubs
New

Post by dubs »

glad to here its running ok now 8)
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

It's still a 1043, but it feels like a new car.. don't know if it's just because I've been driving other cars for so long, or because it's got a close ratio 5 speed box or because my old engine was knackered, but it feels huge amounts faster than it used to, and it sounds really good too.

So damn happy I have my own car back again :D
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Righto, couple of pics to show it off now it's all finished :)

(Added the fog lights to divert my attention from how annoyed I was with the engine at one point :) )
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

Sweet!
engine looks well sorted even if it is a 1-L

yellow fogs though? where did you get THOSE from? :D

six lamps up front... go on.... make it into a Lambretta rally slag - get some big ass (and also yellow!) driving lamps on there.... light it up eight ways to sunday...

and really give some nob with his full beams on an extra helping of cream on top of that piece of your mind :D

(oh and next time you change the tyres, get some phatter ones :lol: - those look like 135s, are they?)
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Yeah, it does seem to be heading down the rally slag route a bit :) We'll see how it turns out though..
The fogs were the last pair of a batch that my dad used to sell.. he also had some with white lenses but I think they got thrown out while my mum was feeling ruthless :( They had automatic covers as well, but they appeared to be made by someone on work experience, and after sitting in the loft for 15 years or so the motors fell apart :( Still, I think they look pretty cool :)

Next set of tyres will be on a nice new set of alloys and will be wider.. don't know what size these are, but they're too small.. the lack of grip with them is a bit scary as well, the car starts flying off roundabouts if I've got a bit of weight in the back :? But that'll all happen post-insurance and MoT next january, for now I'm going to be saving for them.
Karl_CLCoupe
Platinum Member

Post by Karl_CLCoupe »

Getting some RAs? Love the fogs. You done good 8) . And the red block is a nice finishing touch. You really must come to a show to show that lil beauty off :D .

Thanks.

Karl.
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Hell yeah :) Next time there's a decent sized meet that's either on a sunday or that I know about well enough in advance to get the day off work on a saturday, I'll be there... about time I met some of you lot :)

I was going to go for some RA's, but now I'm thinking of getting something a bit oldskool that I can paint up to match the car. Trying to get a bit of a theme going with the white / black / red stripes on the outside (still need to finish the Purple Pimpmobile interior.. never quite get around to it :( ). Had a play with the idea of painting the steels black, and painting the hub caps / nut caps red, dunno if it'd work though.. we'll see, anyway :)
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

Post by Gareth_GT_Hatch »

Theres a guy on porka whos selling some GTi 9 spokes that hes had painted white. Think theyd look really good. He wants about £120 for em though...
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Mm, I'd be tempted, but I need to put aside about £125 / month for insurance / MoT in january, and so far I've succeeded only in spending my entire month's wages within a week... sadly I think alloys will have to wait a while.