"Strange arrow?"

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
atlanta98
New
Drives: 2018 GTI

Re: "Strange arrow?"

Post by atlanta98 »

Pretty sure it’s the average, as discussed above.

Mine certainly moves like an average and not like a lowest consumption.

Just refueled my Polo GTI and reset all fuel/distance settings to zero, drove about 10 Km and my Av fuel display was showing 7.6 Litres/100Km but the red arrow was hovering at about 4500 rpm level on my Active info Display the entire time.

In short, I'm none the wiser
Martin-GTi
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Martin-GTi »

atlanta98 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:01 am
Pretty sure it’s the average, as discussed above.

Mine certainly moves like an average and not like a lowest consumption.

Just refueled my Polo GTI and reset all fuel/distance settings to zero, drove about 10 Km and my Av fuel display was showing 7.6 Litres/100Km but the red arrow was hovering at about 4500 rpm level on my Active info Display the entire time.

In short, I'm none the wiser
The arrow is the average fuel consumption, but you can display it in three modes: since starting the engine, long term, and since refuelling. On the active info display, if you select the Driving Data menu for the middle of the screen, then select the Overview option (using the up / down arrows on the right of the steering wheel), you can press the ‘OK’ button on the right of the wheel to toggle through the display modes. The arrow will move according the the option selected. If you have the long term selected, then the arrow doesn’t move much (depending on when you last reset the long term driving data on the infotainment screen).

Another tip for the ‘OK’ button is to remove the annoying warning to turn on your lights when you drive under a bridge or cluster of trees. It removes the warning and displays a ‘bulb’ symbol at the bottom instead.

Click on the pic below to see (it turns the right way up if you click on it??)
2F4FBE4B-1369-4C20-BB1C-1DA6E03B73F9.jpeg
green justin
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Re:

Post by green justin »

phillos wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:25 pm
jsybrian wrote:I live in Jersey Channel Islands 40mph speed limit all town driving.
Was only saying the twelve o clock position equates to 30 mpg .
I am lucky to see about 28 mpg average. Previous was a Mercedes A250 lucky to see 20 mpg.
I’ve spent more time at the gas station than I’d like to ever since I got my GTI 2 weeks ago. I primarily do city driving and average about 12 km/l or roughly 35 imperial MPG.

I was honestly expecting more, because of the bigger engines low end torque and rather economical gearing. Meh
I have noticed my fuel consumption improved now that the GTI engine is running in.

I must say the car is very light on fuel on long distances.
Pretty good for a 35 litre fuel tank.
My 2008 Ford Fiesta 1.4 could not do better and it also used a 35 litre tank.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

The biggest mpg killer is congestion. On a really bad day for my normal commute, I'll be lucky to hit 31mpg. On Friday, the roads were significantly less full and I hit 39.5mpg on the same journey, at the same time.

I never see my mpg absolutely rocket up because on an empty road I'm likely to be going a fair bit quicker (also eating up fuel).