New rubber exhaust supports for polo....

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
The G Man
Getting There!

New rubber exhaust supports for polo....

Post by The G Man »

Was driving along yesterday when my exhaust started rattling and I knew exactly what had happened - One of the rubber supports had broken - thus the exhaust was dancing around on the road.

Luckily I had a spare one which I'd got from the scrapheap but it's a bit perished and probably won't last very long - So, replaced it went into Motorworld and ordered two new ones.

Anyway, the ones they've supplied me with don't look the same - they are considerably smaller (the woman in the shop said that my perished one had stretched with age) - I'm sure I've had this type before and was told they were the wrong ones. I have a part number - WALKER 81278 and they state on the label MAZDA 929. I would've said these were for a MAZDA 929 car but does anyone know (before I open them) if they do fit a Polo MK2 hatchback as well?

If not, is there anywhere I can get two new ones from? :)

Have had a quick look on the internet but am unsure as to what the technical term is for them.

TIA
metz

Post by metz »

I just went to my local car spares and picked up 2 circular rubbers, they fit a treat and are slightly smaler than the original ones so the exhorst sits in the bumper better. they were 50p each.