Polo SEL DSG 2010/2011.. Good for first car-ish?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
singh12
New
Drives: Polo 6R

Polo SEL DSG 2010/2011.. Good for first car-ish?

Post by singh12 »

Hi. I'm new here guys.

I'm looking to buy a Polo SEL DSG 2010/2011 model sometime later this year. I will be buying one with low mileage (roughly 50k or less) as I'm planning to keep it for about 4 years.
It will be my first car-ish kinda as I had a Vauxhall Corsa C but I only had it for a few months as I couldn't afford the insurance at the time.

So I'm saving up for the Polo and Prefer the SEL model as it has the armrest (minor feature) and I won't be able to afford the GTI this time.

Would this be an upgrade from my Corsa C? I know it will be interior wise but in all aspects would this be an upgrade?

Thanks!
27_craig
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: Polo SEL DSG 2010/2011.. Good for first car-ish?

Post by 27_craig »

Hello

Yes the Polo SEL will certainly be an upgrade from a Corsa C in my opinion! Much better built solid little cars with a great engine and better interior etc.

You can pick up a decent SEL model for around £5k, why not have a look at an R-Line model as you hear feature extra styling bits etc and some extras, although a decent one of these is very hard to find with a dsg gearbox. If you are willing to spend a little bit more as in £7 - 10k you could have a look at the BlueGT model which is a fab little car with the 1.4tsi engine the same as a SEL model but mapped to 150bhp. And again you get all the extras with this model (big wheels,side skirts etc) they are also pretty good on fuel as they have active cylinder technology which shuts down 2 cylinders when not needed to save fuel. The BlueGT is pretty much a GTI but without the 1.8 engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Polo SEL DSG 2010/2011.. Good for first car-ish?

Post by SRGTD »

Agree with 27_craig that the Polo SEL should be an upgrade from a Corsa C.
singh12 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:36 pm So I'm saving up for the Polo and Prefer the SEL model as it has the armrest (minor feature) and I won't be able to afford the GTI this time.
In your position, I wouldn’t let the armrest be the ‘must have’ deciding factor when you’re looking for a Polo - if you do, then you could miss out on a many good, we’ll cared for examples. There are some good aftermarket armrests that are pretty much identical to the VW version that can be fairly easily retro-fitted. I personally wouldn’t want an armrest in a 6r / 6c Polo; especially in a car with manual transmission. The armrest does restrict access to the handbrake lever, and quite a few owners with the armrest don’t use it because of this; they push it up into the vertical position between the seats so it’s out of the way.

Good luck in your search for the right car.