Removal of buttons (SS, pdc etc.)

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
DKPOLOGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Blue GT

Removal of buttons (SS, pdc etc.)

Post by DKPOLOGT »

Hi

Anybody with insight, and maybe a guide/pictures of how to remove the panel with buttons next to the dsg stifter?

Thx in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Re: Removal of buttons (SS, pdc etc.)

Post by mjsaville »

I'm assuming you pull up the DSG surround which contains the Start / Stop button, thus giving you access to the side of the buttons. MJ
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

mjsaville wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:38 pm I'm assuming you pull up the DSG surround which contains the Start / Stop button, thus giving you access to the side of the buttons. MJ
On the Scirocco (for which I switched out the manual normal gearknob for the far better feeling R variant), you put the selector into an upright position (like 3rd in a manual or P on DSG), get your fingers under the interior hole rim with the slack of the gaiter bag and pulled the surround out, then you could get at the buttons.
Scotty_boy vw
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C 1ltr TSI/2018 1ltr TSI AW

Post by Scotty_boy vw »

mjsaville wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:38 pm I'm assuming you pull up the DSG surround which contains the Start / Stop button, thus giving you access to the side of the buttons. MJ
Yes pull up the DSG Surround and then you will get access to the buttons of which you just put your finger under and push the whole strip of buttons up.

scott
DKPOLOGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by DKPOLOGT »

monkeyhanger wrote:
On the Scirocco (for which I switched out the manual normal gearknob for the far better feeling R variant), you put the selector into an upright position (like 3rd in a manual or P on DSG), get your fingers under the interior hole rim with the slack of the gaiter bag and pulled the surround out, then you could get at the buttons.

Thx, but how do you remove the dsg surrond?

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

DKPOLOGT wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:34 pm
monkeyhanger wrote:

Thx, but how do you remove the dsg surrond?

Probably the same way as I described for a manual, it's a trim piece that clips in around the leather gaiter. I don't know for sure, never needed to try it on my Polo.
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Post by mjsaville »