ciclo. Wife's Golf MK7.5 Ready2Go 1.0 TSI 6MT 200Nm/l 115HP. 🧙‍♂️

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
ORiOn
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo BlueGT / Audi S5

Re: ciclo. Wife's Golf MK7.5 Ready2Go 1.0 TSI 6MT 200Nm/l 115HP

Post by ORiOn »

Can I bring you my S5 B9 for a couple of weeks so you can install my 360º cameras, side sensors and front sensor(dynamic cruise control, etc) :mrgreen:
It's a bit too much for me, and there is NO information online about this car that I can find... haha
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Post by exantas »

If you can get your hands on the vin number of a car that comes with the specific headlights, you can get the full configuration option for free online. But probably you know this already.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Hi Bizmo, I'm glad you're here. :D
I read the thread of golfmk7 site, a good thread, I saw some users of this forum there.

I also make the same assumption regarding the 8IX and 8IU LED headlights and the part number, but the 'problem' is choosing the correct VCP flash file.
Will it depend solely and exclusively on the type of LED headlight according to reference? Or is it also related to the type of lighting system installed?

It is not clear to me if 8IX corresponds to LED_AFS and 8IU corresponds to LED_MXB.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

ORiOn wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:54 pm Can I bring you my S5 B9 for a couple of weeks so you can install my 360º cameras, side sensors and front sensor(dynamic cruise control, etc) :mrgreen:
It's a bit too much for me, and there is NO information online about this car that I can find... haha
The same goes for my Touareg.
exantas wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:04 pm If you can get your hands on the vin number of a car that comes with the specific headlights, you can get the full configuration option for free online. But probably you know this already.
Actually all this is part of curiosity, the simplest method to solve this is with ODIS S online, but I want to dig a little deeper into this matter. :)
Bizmo
Getting There!
Drives: Transporter T5GP

Post by Bizmo »

My understand is that AFS is adaptive frontlight system which is the 8IX ones as here.

I'm guessing MXB is matrix ...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_PWk5c18-o

It would be interesting to try to flash the MXB firmware to the 8IX lights and see what happened, I must admit I would be a bit scared to break them as they are expensive to replace!
I only have ODIS/VCDS/OOBD11 and not VCP so don't have the files yet. Maybe will ask santa for a copy!
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Post by exantas »

Checking the codes on this file
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... kqqeZJYVoP

And comparing the PR code from my B8.5 passat
8IT is full led head light (no projector)
8IU is the matrix led headlight (two projectors per headlight) (led lights with variable light distribution)

So my guess is that 8IU is the full matrix Led PR for the Golf also
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Well, I think I have clarified my doubts.
8IU refers to the beam being matrix.
A better definition with the PR codes:

In the online ETKA that I usually use it is well defined for the Golf 8.
matrix beam

...so the files for 8IU are LED_MXB.

exantas, thank you very much for your help, I have a more updated file for the PR codes.

Bizmo, the difference between the LED headlights for the Golf 7.5 is in the internal LED for the dipped beam, being the same LED for the 8IT and 8IX but different part number for the 8IU. (apart from number of control modules)
Bizmo
Getting There!

Post by Bizmo »

good detective work there!

I thought as much that it wasn't possible, I just can't justify the difference at the moment but you will enjoy the genuine lights, they are absolutely excellent in my 8IX ones and the matrix BEAM will be even better! (especially once you have the A5 camera!)

Thats my next mod, then the blind spot monitors, the PLA 3.0 and possibly the RGB ambients (although that requires a BCM change from continental to BOSCH which is rather tricky it seems!).

Mine is already fairly high specced which helps from the factory, but that leaves less room for fun!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Well, this is what the internal LED looks like for the dipped beam of the LED headlights for the Golf 7.5.

---
Bizmo, thank you very much for your clarification about the genuine LED headlights, it encourages me and even makes me impatient to see the result.

It is not difficult to change the BCM from continental to BOSCH (High), you just have to play the right keys.
Among other:
- Have Winmerge to compare old and new files from the different BCMs and thus know what adaptations should be carried out. Easy.
- Patience to do the above work, really easy. The knowledge that I know you already have will help.
- Have VCDS, to make these adaptations (using 'Raw Hex' as I explained in this thread). This is very important because it must be done before and after the next step.
- Remove the CP, adapt remotes and transfer the correct data set for your Golf 7.5 by online connection with the VW servers using the ODIS S.

This last step can be done remotely (staying at home) using Teamviewer and another program to share the USB port where the VAS is connected.
You only have to have the VAS operational, a good online connection, and the possibility of connecting a battery charger in case the process takes too long.
It is recommended to have ODIS E installed, also a way to communicate via instant messaging with whoever does the work (WhatsApp, Slack) on a different device than the one the VAS is connected.
Bizmo
Getting There!

Post by Bizmo »

Wow, is interesting to see the internal LED unit, is this from the matrix beam ones? I'm guessing that I could buy some smashed up mxb ones and transplant this bit if I found them then!

Is good to know about the BCM swap, I got it the wrong way round I have BOSCH and need Conti, for some reason VW only fitted the BOSCH ones on the wagons which means even though I have a lot of the 'high' features such as LED lights, heated seats etc. but can't do the RGB ambient lights.

I have win merge from when I upgraded /unlocked my MIB2 so doesn't sound too hard. I know that a lot of the adaptations are in different order so its not possible to do the straight restore but I hadn't thought of changing around the file before it went back on. I will have to keep an eye out for a high Continental one, it would be interesting to see how the scans compare and how easy it would be to swap. I have a person who can do the CP removal so that should be ok if the coding is easy and if it doesn't cause any issues sticking a hatch BCM into a wagon.

Thanks for your help again
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

The LED for dipped beam shown in the image above is referenced for 8IT and 8IX, not 8IU.
You can also buy brand new LED repair kits (8IU) at the official VW dealer (I think about 120 euros per led-headlamp -ETKA-). I think there is a tutorial on youtube how to do the job.
Madwarlock made the exact same BCM swap on his Golf Variant/Wagon, from BOSCH to Continental and no incompatibility issues arose, quite the opposite. It is possible that he was the pioneer in posting this change of BCM on a Golf Variant, read his thread on drive2.ru it will be very interesting for you, you can also contact him here in the forum.💎
https://www.drive2.ru/r/volkswagen/golf ... 815645123/
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Golf 7.5 FCM J745 wiring.

Previous info,
:arrow: viewtopic.php?p=576664#p576664 ( :lol: )

Bizmo
Getting There!

Post by Bizmo »

ciclo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:44 pm
You can also buy brand new LED repair kits (8IU) at the official VW dealer (I think about 120 euros per led-headlamp -ETKA-). I think there is a tutorial on youtube how to do the job.
I saw these on ETKA but thought they were the ballast for some reason.

Someone is selling one on eBay at the moment but looks very different to the item you showed,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193445814365

Some more research needed at my end but would be good if it was as easy as swapping those units and reflashing the modules. I see the control modules are the same and the ones I have are the dual modules, the same as the Matrix ones. I presume mine don’t actually physically move but the leds in a cluster light up or dim to make it look like that?

Also thanks for the link to D2, I saw your references to madwarlock, an inspiration definitely!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Bizmo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:36 pm ... I presume mine don’t actually physically move but the leds in a cluster light up or dim to make it look like that?
The techniques used to control the pattern and light intensity of the emitted light beam have evolved enormously in LED headlights, I honestly don't know exactly the level of control or technique used by 8IX LED headlights (Hella), you already know that everything depends on the sensors installed to take into account the traffic conditions, speed, turning angle, load, etc.
dcgumis
Getting There!
Drives: polo 1.4 85KM CGGB/GOLF 7.5

Post by dcgumis »

ciclo wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:06 pm Still to find out when each file is used.
My assumptions:
LED_lowline ... without dynamic cornering lights.
LED_AFS ... with dynamic cornering lights but without DLA.
LED_MXB ... with DLA.
:?: :?: :?:

The parameterization file for the new FCM is also required.

hello fernando :D , can this be checked in the VCP? I can check what it looks like in my VCP:) I have factory lights full led top without DLA 5G1941059