ciclo. Wife's Golf MK7.5 Ready2Go 1.0 TSI 6MT 200Nm/l 115HP. 🧙‍♂️

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: ciclo. Wife's Golf MK7.5 Ready2Go 1.0 TSI 6MT 200Nm/l 115HP

Post by ciclo »

Hi Piotrek, according to the reference your LED headlights are 8IX, so the software used will be LED_AFS (referred to flash files for VCP).

I don't know if this can be verified by reading the data from your LED headlights with the VCP.
Surely there is a numbering or something similar that indicates it somewhere... but I think that kind of info is already HIGH level ... :lol:

Thanks for your cooperation. 8)
Bizmo
Getting There!
Drives: Transporter T5GP

Post by Bizmo »

ciclo wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:28 am
The techniques used to control the pattern and light intensity of the emitted light beam have evolved enormously in LED headlights, I honestly don't know exactly the level of control or technique used by 8IX LED headlights (Hella), you already know that everything depends on the sensors installed to take into account the traffic conditions, speed, turning angle, load, etc.
I have done some research this afternoon on ELSA and it does appear that there are two completely different modules, one for the 8IT / 8IX headlights and another for the 8IU ones. We could see this from ETKA too.

I can see from the pictures that the 8IU unit which is the one I found on eBay (5G0 998 475B) has two electrical connections where as the 8IT / 8IX ones (5G0998475(A)) one only has one electrical connection.
ELSA doesn't have flow diagrams for the wiring inside the headlight so that is the end of the line I think! It is interesting that they are so different but it doesn't look as simple as swapping one bit out for the other without more research and having two complete units side by side to compare!

I am not sure where the wires / internal connections go to either. It does look like the housings for the lights are identical and the control units certainly are so I’m guessing the extra wires from the MXB unit go to one of the control units on the light so it should still be possible but without diagrams or one to play with, very hard! It’s not even clear if the projector assembly has the screw holes for both LED modules or if that would have to be replaced too!

I still cannot see how mine moves left to right and ELSA doesn't seem to explain this but I presume there must be some sort of motor or system to allow it as it looks to use the same ‘bulb’.

8IT / 8IX

8IU

Anyway I will stop spamming your thread now and will go back to observing!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Please, Bizmo, feel free to post everything you think is convenient in my/this thread ... all of this is very interesting!

Well, I have read in erWin the two removing / installation procedures for the LED modules, 8IT / 8IX vs 8IU (the same images that you show us), and as you mentioned, the biggest challenge is in the internal wiring. In no case will it be an easy task to convert an 8IX headlamp to an 8IU headlamp. Maybe it's not even possible because of the lens ...?

For those of you who are reading all this, I have found a video on youtube for the 2015 Passat LED headlights, which, although not exactly what is explained in erWin / Elsa for the Golf, can be useful to know what we are talking about:

- It is in German, but I don't think there are problems of understanding for those who are used to modifying/investigating in BCM adaptation channels, etc ... :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktduT9gWJRQ
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Golf 7.5 Wiring for additional fuse box (2nd)

Previous info,
:arrow: viewtopic.php?p=576616#p576616

MaDwArLoCk
Bronze Member
Drives: Cross Polo 2010 TSI

Post by MaDwArLoCk »

I really like the way how you prepare retrofit! 😎👍

By my mind OEM LED headlights worth all that effort!
But for sure it would be very interesting to hear your comparison with replicas

PS: If someone need help with VW Online (CP, Parameterization etc)
I can help for the reasonable price 😉
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

MaDwArLoCk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:03 am I really like the way how you prepare retrofit! 😎👍

By my mind OEM LED headlights worth all that effort!
But for sure it would be very interesting to hear your comparison with replicas
Thanks Slavik, as you know I am enjoying this new project and I am preparing everything calmly. It's a long-term project, I'm in no rush.
We will see the results, you know that I have some cars with which to make comparisons.

Just as a curiosity, did you know that the Morimoto LEDs that I installed in my current Replica LED headlights have magnetic levitation fans? they work like a charm, all perfect so far.
MaDwArLoCk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:03 am PS: If someone need help with VW Online (CP, Parameterization etc)
I can help for the reasonable price 😉
Highly recommended!

It should be noted that the connection with the VW servers is not free, but with this you get the best possible result by a legal method, that is, the Madwarlock knowledge handling ODIS + the connection with the VW servers will make your dreams come true.😁
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Golf 7.5 Main wiring for 8IU LED headlights.

Right side.

---

---

T10 connector to fully isolate the original halogen headlight wiring.

T14

---

etc...
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

FYI:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mti7KqV2FLQ
https://www.autopartseurope.com/en/prod ... tyling-en/

They look very nice.
To me it's a shame that they weren't available when I tested the Replica LED headlights. I would appreciate any feedback on their operation in case someone installs them on a Golf 7.5. (especially if it has Light Assist available)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Golf 7.5 Driving MODE Selection

Only in combination with:
- Automatic gearbox and / or speed regulation system (GRA)
- Start-Stop function

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-7-Fa ... 0667.m2042

---

ODIS-S online.

I guess it will be useful for my future Dynamic cornering lights... :)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Interesting stuff ciclo. What does the driver profile button do? Is it like the sports button where the throttle response, DSG upshifts (if DSG) and power steering response change?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Driving Mode Selection

- Introduction :arrow: http://www.vwgolf.org/introduction-316.html
- Function and operation :arrow: http://www.vwgolf.org/function_and_operation-317.html
- Adjusting the driving mode to suit your requirements :arrow: http://www.vwgolf.org/adjusting_the_dri ... s-318.html

I have read that the changes are not very noticeable when selecting the different driving modes. I guess it highly depends on the number of systems installed in the vehicle.
I'll tell you about my impressions when I have it installed and tested on my wife's Golf, with ACC and future LED headlights with dynamic cornering lights but without DSG or DCC.

The ACC behavior is already modifiable to the different driving modes through the infotainment system without having to have the MODE button installed.
Driving programme:
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Post by exantas »

Do you have future plans to install DCC suspension?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000187 ... 2e0ePtP4AP

They are quite pricy and personally I haven't driven a car with them long enough to notice the difference.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I have no plans to change the suspension at all, the original suspension for my wife's Golf 7.5 (1.0 TSI) is absolutely perfect, an excellent compromise between comfort, stopping distances, and handling on winding tracks.

Thanks for the link exantas, some of the necessary parts can be seen, but i guess i would never buy such suspension from Aliexpress (customs).

Now I am waiting to receive the brand new 8IU LED headlights from Germany 😍, everything is on the right track for this fall-winter upgrade, ... slowly but surely.
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Post by exantas »

Sorry for the off topic question, but someone maybe has come across the info regarding the MQB cars.

Can remote start be coded on European cars?

Like ppl have in USA, keep the unlock button for a few seconds and the car starts? I am not talking about webasto solution. Starting the car engine to warm up the car in the morning for example.