Bought yesterday, it´s leeking..

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
AHF
New
Drives: 1.4 16V 100HP year 1998

Bought yesterday, it´s leeking..

Post by AHF »

Hello, new in this forum, and I need advice... I bought a 16v 100hp from 98 yesterday, made a 430 km trip and I noticed something,
so, the car has only 90 000 km, the engine pulls really well, even in hills the fifth gear keeps pushing, the gear box is soft , the clutch
seems fine, but, I noticed that after some time, in 5th gar, and only at fifth gear, the car makes a "whistle" that progresses when I push
the throttle. Another thing is, this morning beneath the car.. 3 puddles; 1 at the center, dark oil, the other 2 on the left, it´s a thinner
oil that in the pavement seems colorless.. Any clue about what´s going on? Other thing, the car was "inspected", its a thing in my country, older cars
must do this 1 per year, 6 months ago, it had 87 000 km then, and the car passed the exam, but the examiner wrote there was 1 small leak,
but the guy gave me the recipe from a garage proving he replaced the valve´s gasket.

Any advice would be awsome! Thank you
mannerboy
New
Drives: polo 6r

Re: Bought yesterday, it´s leeking..

Post by mannerboy »

Could your engine block plugs be rotten?
JUUL
Getting There!
Drives: 6N 1995

Re: Bought yesterday, it´s leeking..

Post by JUUL »

My guess for the dark oil leak in the middle is crankcase breather valve. The other two I'm guessing something related to coolant? It's difficult to diagnose from a distance with the amount of information you have given. Clean the engine well and follow from bottom up where the leak is coming from, otherwise it would be hit and miss until you've found the source of the problem.