Detailed mfsw installtion !!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Sid_polo
New
Drives: Polo 6c 1.0L mt comfortline

Detailed mfsw installtion !!

Post by Sid_polo »

Hello guys this is sid from india and i own polo1.0tsi edition which was a special edition launched by vw here in india and i was lucky enough to get a climatronic ac but sadly no steering controls available on my model from factory and it came with basic airbag only without buttons from factory !
Now i already know that mfsw can be added
My question -
1) where is easiest to tap lin wire from?
2) will standard steering from polo highline varient require amy extra wiring except lin wire ?
3)is it just plug and play or i need any coding ?
4) i just need audio controls
5) what kind of airbag loom is needed?
Some detailed instructions would be really helpful
H2Deetoo
Getting There!
Drives: VW UP/Passat B6

Re: Detailed mfsw installtion !!

Post by H2Deetoo »

1) It depends from your installation but sometimes the linbus wire is located in the door loom, so you could easily access it there.
If you don't have the linbus wire there then you must get it from the BCM directly. Most likely there is no wire yet in pin T73b/17.
You might even have to put in a different BCM if your current one does have the T73b/17 linbus output pin.

2) You need add 3 wires to the MFSW buttons: +12v VCC, GROUND and LINbus.

3) It's not plug & play. You need to code your BCM so it knows it has the MFWS buttons installed.

Regards,
H2Deetoo
Sid_polo
New

Post by Sid_polo »

H2Deetoo wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:20 pm 1) It depends from your installation but sometimes the linbus wire is located in the door loom, so you could easily access it there.
If you don't have the linbus wire there then you must get it from the BCM directly. Most likely there is no wire yet in pin T73b/17.
You might even have to put in a different BCM if your current one does have the T73b/17 linbus output pin.

2) You need add 3 wires to the MFSW buttons: +12v VCC, GROUND and LINbus.

3) It's not plug & play. You need to code your BCM so it knows it has the MFWS buttons installed.

Regards,
H2Deetoo

Can you please describe what all is needed to have a working mfsw afaik all the newer polo's here in india are being shipped with 087 bcm and many people are already retrofitting ! I just need to know what are correct pins and what is correct coding ?
H2Deetoo
Getting There!
Drives: VW UP/Passat B6

Post by H2Deetoo »

I think I told you that there is only 1 signal needed from BCM which is T73b/17.
So check if you have this pin on your BCM, if not swap the BCM.
(Some 087 BCM like 087H do have this linbus signal, other BCM like 087D does not have it, so check your.)

Then the MFSW needs 12v and GND obviously.

Tell the BCM it has a MFSW using:
LC,09,3,Multi-Function Steering Wheel (MFSW) installed [PR-2ZH / 2PP / 2ZM]

So byte 09 bit 3 must be set.

I cannot provide any further assistance.
Use the search button on this forum, there are many topics about MFSW retrofit with answers.

Rgs Bonny
Sid_polo
New

Post by Sid_polo »

Thanks for you assistance i finally installed it just needed 3 wires as you said and was super easy coded it using vcds and everything is working