Run Flats & Driver Under Seat Storage

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
GTIMICK
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Run Flats & Driver Under Seat Storage

Post by GTIMICK »

Hi all
Could anyone please advise on the below please?
Does the Polo GTI 2022 Face lift come with Run Flat Tyres or is there a space saver and normal tyres?
Also is there a storage drawer under the drivers seat?

Thanks
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Re: Run Flats & Driver Under Seat Storage

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Hi GTIMICK and welcome to the forum.

Afaik none of the Polo's have run flat tyres from factory. My vehicle has the optional leather seats and there is no storage bins available either and as for a spare it has the space saver wheel, a MUST in my country. Again, I'm not sure if a spare is provided should one have the Beats audio sub in the rear tyre well.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I don’t think VW fit run flat tyres to any of their cars; all models of the Polo have normal tyres. There’s no storage drawer under the driver’s seat (my pre-facelift car has a slot under the front passenger seat specifically for the owner’s manual, but no under-seat drawer). There’s no spare wheel as part of the standard spec on a 2022 facelift car (the pre-facelift car did get one); you get what VW describe as a tyre mobility kit including compressor and sealing foam. You can specify a space saver spare as an extra cost option (current cost is £105).
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:03 pm I don’t think VW fit run flat tyres to any of their cars; all models of the Polo have normal tyres. There’s no storage drawer under the driver’s seat (my pre-facelift car has a slot under the front passenger seat specifically for the owner’s manual, but no under-seat drawer). There’s no spare wheel as part of the standard spec on a 2022 facelift car (the pre-facelift car did get one); you get what VW describe as a tyre mobility kit including compressor and sealing foam. You can specify a space saver spare as an extra cost option (current cost is £105).
The ID3 comes with self sealing tyres in sizes for 19" and 20" wheels, but not 18" wheels. Would not be surprised if 19/20" choices on Passat, Tiguan or other cars with big wheels on non performance models also gad self seal tyres (lined with gel on the interior tread area).
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

Club Member 'Teee' fitted an under seat storage box from an Audi A1, it looks nice and tidy > https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?p=580201#p580201