Ordered a new Polo R-Line

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Ordered a new Polo R-Line

Post by Harrihealey02 »

Hi all, I’ve just ordered a new Polo R-Line DSG 110hp in Smokey Grey! Very excited 😊

Options I have chosen are:
Matrix LED lighting pack
Driver assistance pack
9.2” media system
Heated seats
Reversing camera
Mobile phone preparation inductive charging
Spare wheel

Anyone who has the DSG what is it like to drive? This is my first automatic.
pie1910
New
Drives: Match

Re: Ordered a new Polo R-Line

Post by pie1910 »

Hey!

I bought a R-line a few months ago and I absolute love it. I visited my local branch and they had a 110 DSG in stock with heated seats in the metallic red. I would've preferred to have the LED assistance pack and the larger media system but I couldn't justify the extra's for the amount of time I would end up having to wait; I ended up collecting the car around 3 days after visiting which I was really glad about. The DSG is lovely to drive but I'm not too keen on sports mode, I find the car more reactive in drive (or manual!).

When are you due to get it?
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Not got the dsg but we picked our Smokey grey r line up on Tuesday. There’s a couple of pics in the picture thread but it’s a beautiful colour.
KayakerPaul
Getting There!
Drives: R line - if it arrives

Post by KayakerPaul »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:28 pm Hi all, I’ve just ordered a new Polo R-Line DSG 110hp in Smokey Grey! Very excited 😊

Options I have chosen are:
Matrix LED lighting pack
Driver assistance pack
9.2” media system
Heated seats
Reversing camera
Mobile phone preparation inductive charging
Spare wheel

Anyone who has the DSG what is it like to drive? This is my first automatic.
How long is the wait Harri ?
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member

Post by Harrihealey02 »

It looks very nice in grey in your pictures! @iancslad1985 I was told the car would be ready by January and March but most likely I think it’ll be more of the March side. My current car is due to be handed back in March so works out well.

I will keep you posted on the updates of where it is at in the build progress :)
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

Order confirmed yesterday. Expected in March 2023.

Current contract expires in December, but we were slow to make a decision. Will simply extend current contract for an extra 3 months (I’ve been promised that VWFS are happy to do that if waiting for another VWFS car).

Our 3 years of GTI fun are over, but as the car runs a low mileage it’s time to economise a bit.

Hot seats, keyless and spare wheel deemed essential. None of the other incredibly expensive extras.

ps - anyone want to buy a mint low miles GTI+ in March ?
:D
E3D2F398-46CB-4155-AD04-778D40BA7A82.jpeg
E3D2F398-46CB-4155-AD04-778D40BA7A82.jpeg (150.17 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

Yesterday we were given our order number and surprisingly told build week is 48.

Much sooner than expected.

Was also surprised same day with a letter from VWFS initiating the removal of private plate. It’s funny in this day and age that DVLA still ask for a cheque, postal order or bank draft. All via VWFS of course as they hold the V5.

Hey ho. Going for a 4 year deal this time to reduce the change over hassles.
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member

Post by Harrihealey02 »

Mine is week 44 build soo should expect it for mid January I’m hoping. Anyone know how long after build it usually takes to be delivered to dealer?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:57 pm Mine is week 44 build soo should expect it for mid January I’m hoping. Anyone know how long after build it usually takes to be delivered to dealer?
Usually 6-8 weeks. However, how long it actually takes once it’s left the factory will influenced by;
  • the length of time it’s sitting dockside in South Africa waiting to be loaded onto the assigned ocean going vessel for the sea leg of the journey.
  • how long it’s parked up in a compound after reaching the UK, before being collected and transported to the dealership.