Polo 6C GTI with Sport button and DSG

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
primob0lan
New
Drives: POLO 6C GTI

Polo 6C GTI with Sport button and DSG

Post by primob0lan »

Hello,

I just got my 6c GTI, and Iam wondering, if there is any point using the sport button, and DSG in Sport mode together?
Or if I turn on the sport button is it automatically puts my DSG into sport? Or, what happens if I activate the sport button but leave DSG in normal mode?

Thanks 8)
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Polo 6C GTI with Sport button and DSG

Post by iichel »

The support button will only affect the suspension
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Polo 6C GTI with Sport button and DSG

Post by SRGTD »

primob0lan wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:07 am Hello,

I just got my 6c GTI, and Iam wondering, if there is any point using the sport button, and DSG in Sport mode together?
Or if I turn on the sport button is it automatically puts my DSG into sport? Or, what happens if I activate the sport button but leave DSG in normal mode?

Thanks 8)
I had the Sports Performance Pack in my 6c Polo GTI - usually just referred to as the Sport button.

As well as making the suspension firmer, from memory it also increased the volume of fake engine noise pumped into the car’s cabin, sharpened up the steering, and increased the responsiveness of the accelerator pedal.

I only used Sport mode a few times in 4.5 years of ownership as I found the suspension setting much too firm for everyday use. It would have been good to be able to use just specific features of the Sport Performance Pack rather than it being ‘all or nothing’ - I would have quite liked to have had the benefit of the sharper steering and increase responsiveness of the accelerator, but not the firm suspension or increased fake engine noise.