Heated Seats Retrofit Issue

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Franciswat
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.6 Bifuel

Heated Seats Retrofit Issue

Post by Franciswat »

Good morning fellas,

I retrofitted heated seats on AW1 Polo of a friend of mine using wiring loom from Kufatek.
Wiring is pretty simple:

And coding as weel:

Under adaptation in 09 change Sitzheitzung_CAN from not avalable to Seat heater on_LIN.

Despite that seats do not warm up. Cheking with a multimeter current does not arrive to heated elements connectors under seats.
My biggest concern about the wiring loom installation is the location of t73c/15. I connected it to BCM C connector (where pin 15 was empty) but according to elsawin there's no t73c/15 in heated seats wiring diagram but there's t73b/15 instead. Well I've asked Kufatek about and replied that t73c/15 correspond to t73b/15 which is located on C connector. This does not have much sense to me but I'm not familiar with AW1. On the other hand I expeced to find a cable already present on pin 15 of C connector but there was not. Can anyone help me to solve the mystery?

iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Heated Seats Retrofit Issue

Post by iichel »

There are three connectors on the MQB BCM. T73a will be a black one, T46 will be brown and T73b will be black.
This is how elsawin will describe the connectors.

There are three connectors on the MQB BCM. The one closest to the driver door (LHD) is A, the center one will be B and the one closest to the centre console will be C.

So T73a is A
T46 is B
T73b is C

and to make it more complicated, T73b is sometimes indeed referred to as T73c, i.e. in Polo 6C. Polo 6C doesn't have the T73b.

Don't buy the last one, it's broken....
Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

Thanks Michael for that explanation. :wink:
According to this my wirings are correct.
Would you expect to already find a wire on pin 15 according to diagram above? Or I shouldn't care about.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

EDIT: It seems the LINBUS is for the rain/light sensor and the interior anti-theft sensors in the roof.
Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

Thank you Michael I'll check wiring diagrams once more. :wink

EDIT: Just checked wiring diagrams. You were right: this LIN is connected to anti theft sensor and rain/light sensor.
That explain why wire is missing.
m9nxl
New
Drives: AW

Post by m9nxl »

Hi Francis

I want to retrofit heated seats to my AW 2018 Polo. Am I right in understanding this was the wiring kit you was referring to? https://www.kufatec.com/en/comfort-retr ... -kj7-43338

Besides this, is there anything else I need to complete the retrofit. If you could send me some links, or tell me exactly what to get / point me in the right direction so I can go ahead with the retrofit I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Franciswat wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:37 pm Good morning fellas,

I retrofitted heated seats on AW1 Polo of a friend of mine using wiring loom from Kufatek.
Wiring is pretty simple:

And coding as weel:

Under adaptation in 09 change Sitzheitzung_CAN from not avalable to Seat heater on_LIN.

Despite that seats do not warm up. Cheking with a multimeter current does not arrive to heated elements connectors under seats.
My biggest concern about the wiring loom installation is the location of t73c/15. I connected it to BCM C connector (where pin 15 was empty) but according to elsawin there's no t73c/15 in heated seats wiring diagram but there's t73b/15 instead. Well I've asked Kufatek about and replied that t73c/15 correspond to t73b/15 which is located on C connector. This does not have much sense to me but I'm not familiar with AW1. On the other hand I expeced to find a cable already present on pin 15 of C connector but there was not. Can anyone help me to solve the mystery?

Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

m9nxl wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:40 am Am I right in understanding this was the wiring kit you was referring to? https://www.kufatec.com/en/comfort-retr ... -kj7-43338
Hi, sorry for late reply. Yes that's the kit.
m9nxl wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:40 amis there anything else I need to complete the retrofit. If you could send me some links, or tell me exactly what to get / point me in the right direction so I can go ahead with the retrofit I would really appreciate it.
You only need the control panel with seats buttoms and the heated elements which have to be installed into the seats.