2014 Polo BlueGT: RNS 315 and Touch Phone Kit

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
polodriver
Getting There!

2014 Polo BlueGT: RNS 315 and Touch Phone Kit

Post by polodriver »

Hi all, this has kind of been covered I think in previous posts (viewtopic.php?t=70435), but in September 2021 I bought a 2014 Polo BlueGT with optional RNS 315 sat-nav (with Bluetooth and DAB, I believe) and a multifunction steering wheel.

Am I right in understanding that the VW Touch Phone Kit over-rides the Bluetooth on the head unit, as that would have been installed regardless of the radio system (I know VW stuffed the kits in to give the cars Bluetooth as a quick fix)? I can't use the telephone function at all on the head unit, it just mutes the radio. I have seen another car currently for sale which has the RNS 315 with the phone function working but tellingly, it lacks the Touch Phone Kit in any photos.

The times folk have called me, they say I do sound very quiet (viewtopic.php?t=61089). Just wondered if the head unit would be better quality? I understand there is a potential Bluetooth module needed (although my head unit does have it, so it might not be – viewtopic.php?t=59395), as well as a microphone/loom if I wanted to replace it.

It's not a life-or-death situation: I can just use the Touch Phone Kit for the minimal phone use, I was just curious, and it seems a shame not to use the upgraded head unit to its full capability!
Attachments
IMG_6647_edit_1024.jpg
IMG_6647_edit_1024.jpg (375.05 KiB) Viewed 703 times